12-16-2017 02:42 AM
I bought a new SSD(m2.sata) and already finished install OS(window10 64 bit) on the SSD it work fine but after i install driver using "Automantic Driver Update" on the Lenovo support site and it show up the bios update program so i agree to install and machine auto reboot then my laptop stuck at Lenovo screen and keep restarting.I cannot press fn+f2 to acess bios, i cannot press fn+f10 to access boot menu. Anyone know how to fix this problems????
12-16-2017 12:46 PM
I bought a new SSD (m2.sata) and already finished installing OS (Windows 10 64 bit) on the SSD. It work fine but ... i agree to install new BIOS and machine auto reboot then my laptop stuck at Lenovo screen and keep restarting
From your description, I would guess that the laptop is trying to boot from the HDD. So, try the following:
(1) Power-off the system.
(2) Press the "Novo" button to power-on the system. The "Novo" button is hidden beneath the casing, and is pressed by inserting a straightened paper clip (or similar) into the relevant hole. Consult your "User Guide" or "Hardware Maintenance Manual" to locate the correct hole. Both manuals can be downloaded from the "Support" page on this web site.
(3) On the "Novo Button Menu", select "BIOS Setup".
(4) In the BIOS, select the "Boot" tab.
(5) On the "Boot" tab, re-order the devices so that the SSD occurs before the HDD.
(6) Exit the BIOS, saving the changes. Hopefully, the system should now boot correctly.
-- from CyberSimian in the UK