Did you mean: 
giglubub
Paper Tape
Views: 761
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update FAIL

Hi,

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 model 20308.

When I try to update from 1703 to 1709, the download of the update seems to go well but during installation it fails. One error message that I get is:

0xC1900101-0x30017

I've spent hours researching this on the internet and trying various fixes including uninstalling anti-virus, using various Windows downloaders, update tools, installation from USB stick formatted to instal Windows. 

So, two qustions:

1. Is my machine compatable with this? This might be a dumb question because I looked on the Lenovo site that lists supported devices:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505322

But, I don't know what Lenovo calls my machine. I would think "Flex 14" or "20308" but I don't see that anywhere on the Windows 1703 update which did work for me.

2. Assuming that it is possible to instal 1709, does anyone have a suggestion for how I might go about it? I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh windows instal.

Thanks!

Gig 

I've tried searching the Lenovo site

giglubub
Paper Tape
Views: 462
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update FAIL

Update: 

I still don't know if my machine is supported but I finally did a clean install of Windows 10 and it updated to the Creators 1709. 

I had tried many other solutions found, including installing the update from a USB drive, but none worked until I just did a full, new instalation of Windos 10. 

However, I do have new issues regarding my computer going to sleep quickly... but I'll save that for another post.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors