Did you mean: 
giglubub
Paper Tape
Views: 659
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update FAIL

Hi,

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 model 20308.

When I try to update from 1703 to 1709, the download of the update seems to go well but during installation it fails. One error message that I get is:

0xC1900101-0x30017

I've spent hours researching this on the internet and trying various fixes including uninstalling anti-virus, using various Windows downloaders, update tools, installation from USB stick formatted to instal Windows. 

So, two qustions:

1. Is my machine compatable with this? This might be a dumb question because I looked on the Lenovo site that lists supported devices:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505322

But, I don't know what Lenovo calls my machine. I would think "Flex 14" or "20308" but I don't see that anywhere on the Windows 1703 update which did work for me.

2. Assuming that it is possible to instal 1709, does anyone have a suggestion for how I might go about it? I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh windows instal.

Thanks!

Gig 

I've tried searching the Lenovo site

giglubub
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo users with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update FAIL

Update: 

I still don't know if my machine is supported but I finally did a clean install of Windows 10 and it updated to the Creators 1709. 

I had tried many other solutions found, including installing the update from a USB drive, but none worked until I just did a full, new instalation of Windos 10. 

However, I do have new issues regarding my computer going to sleep quickly... but I'll save that for another post.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors