Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheri0702
Punch Card
Views: 77
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo x240 LOCKED OUT

I’ve been having WiFi connectivity issues with Window 10 for months now, getting progressively worse to the point yesterday to where I got online on my tablet and spent hours working on it myself. Not that it took that long, but it only stayed online for a minute at a time, so that was the tricky part. I managed to get whatever it wanted done while it was online and for the first time in months, I was able to fill out an entire form without getting kicked offline and having to restart it. Unfortunately, when I went to work, I the laptop turned off and it went back to the old WiFi issues. I went to next troubleshooting suggestion, delete the network adapter, and everything was going exactly as they described until the restart. My laptop didn’t restart right. The password was different (I use a pin) and not the password I have set up, it doesn’t do anything when I click on “forgot password,” and other than giving me the option to restart it or shut it down, it doesn’t respond to anything. I’ve tried to get it started up in safe mode and unless I’m just doing it wrong, that didn’t work, either. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me before I break it worse? That goes for either issue, the WiFi or the current one of just being able to use the thing. I appreciate any genius you can throw my way!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 29
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo x240 LOCKED OUT

Hi Sheri0702,

Welcome to the community forums.

Are you using a Microsoft account email log in? Have you tried changing the password using a different device? If not, please follow the steps on this link from Microsoft : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026838/microsoft-account-to-change-your-password on how to change Microsoft account password. Once done, try to connect your laptop to a different network then log in using your new password. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors