Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BShaps
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 1 of 4

Looking for input about Fan Noise Complaints on IdeaPads 720s and 530s

Hi.

I am looking into buying either an Ideapad 720s or a 530s, but I have come across many posts complaining about loud, high pitched fan noise. Is this an issue that is found in each laptop, or is it the luck of the draw, and some have it, while others do not. Also, it appears that the issue is still ongoing, correct?

Thank you for.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 602
Message 2 of 4

Re: Looking for input about Fan Noise Complaints on IdeaPads 720s and 530s

Hey there, BShaps! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community group! 

Thank you for showing an interest in buying a Lenovo IdeaPad 720s or the IdeaPad 530s. The fan noise concern for the two laptops are a case to case basis, and there are lots of factors that you need to consider. It the CPU needs to cool itself, chances are the fan will run extremely to cope up with the CPU. Also, there is a BIOS firmware that can fix the fan loud noise or high pitch concern. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

BShaps
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.

Anyone else?

Madsisak
What's DOS?
Views: 344
Message 4 of 4

This is NOT easily fixed via a bios update. I’m in my second 720s now. Both have had the same issue, fans ramp up with a high pitched noise. Just browsing windows. Even now, with the laptop just charging in my table. The fans ramp up to maximum every 3 or 4 seconds. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors