Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JustenS
What's DOS?
Views: 66
Message 1 of 2

M.2 SSD not detected on Lenovo Ideapad 100s 14

Hi, my HP Envy 360x laptop isn't working, and I recently upgraded it with an NVME M.2 Samsung EVO SSD. As a result, since it isn't working, I decided to take the SSD out, and move it to my previous laptop, which is a Lenovo Ideapad 100s 14, however, after installing it, and starting the laptop up, it is not detected on windows, nor on the bios screen. Does this version do not accept a NVME M.2 SSD?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 42
Message 2 of 2

Re: M.2 SSD not detected on Lenovo Ideapad 100s 14

Hello and welcome,

The 100s m.2 slot (if it has one) is SATA, not NVMe.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Laptops/ideapad%20100S%20(14_)/IdeaPad_100S_14inch_...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors