cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwhoriskey
Blue Screen Again
Views: 336
Message 1 of 3

Most devices showing up as "unknown device" in blutooth "add device" screen (Flex5)

Note: Device manager lists appropriate bluetooth antennae.  Some items are still showing up ok, but many (some new, some previously paired) are listed as unknown now, so they are useless to me until this is resolved. 

This is a fairly new Flex5 (bought at Microcenter about a month ago).

I ran the Lenovo "Vantage" program to get the latest bluetooth drivers on board.

Tried uninstalling BT driver and running manual install of intel and Qualcomm drivers.  Windows10 is not seeing the Intel ones, I think because when I try to change the driver to the intel ones I only see the the QualcommAtheros and the generic bluetooth drivers available.  I ran that installation a number of times, but havn't been able to try the Intel drivers yet.  I'm not sure if they will fix the problem, but would like to try them, unless someone here can point me at something else that may be the cause.  Thanks for any info!

UnknownDevices.gif

P-P
What's DOS?
Views: 230
Message 2 of 3

Re: Most devices showing up as "unknown device" in blutooth "add device" screen

Have the same problem with my Lenovo T470 

Cannot pair my computer to any device using bluetooth.

jasong222
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 3 of 3

Re: Most devices showing up as "unknown device" in blutooth "add device" screen

Related question (hope I'm not threadjacking):

For the bluetooth driver (and others where there's a choice):  Are BOTH Intel and the other one necessary?  Or just one/there's a choice?

(And so for OP- maybe deleting one set would help.  Maybe the PC is getting confused which one to actually use...)

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors