Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gotbooks
Paper Tape
Views: 3,954
Message 1 of 9

Multiple flex 3 problems - tablet mode stuck and no wifi

I think it is stuck in tablet mode even though it is positioned in notebook. This happened after using it in notebook mode then closing the lid and setting it up against a wall sideways. I noticed the fan working louder than usual so I opened it back up and it was in tablet mode.

I have tried restarting and shutting it down. I tried settings adjustment in system > tablet mode > when I sign in "go to desktop" and to "always ask" before switching.

My keyboard is locked. No mouse. I tried pushing the rotation lock button on the left side. No change.

I also have no wifi all of a sudden even though the Internet is working. I tried wifi settings and it won't let me turn it on nor does it recognize my internet. I tried Turing on and off airplane mode. No change.
asafisr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,861
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiple flex 3 problems - tablet mode stuck and no wifi

hey there, 

about the wifi problem - i had the same exact thing on my flex 3.

after looking for a solution for couple of days, i found the way to fix it.
download the software application (both software and driver, not only driver) from the intel site : 
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89450/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165
** select yout OS and 32/64 bit.

about being stuck in tablet mode - 
try to run the "hardware scan" on the lenovo site, it might find that something is missing.

Good luck

TisHamer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,700
Message 3 of 9

My flex 3 does exactly the same thing.  The only way to correct it is to run the battery until it dies, then when you start up everything is ok - until the next time.

I haven't identified any pattern that triggers this, but it is very annoying.  The keyboard becomes useless, no wifi, fan running at full speed however the touch screen still works.  I just start up a home video to get the battery to die as quickly as possible then restart and everything is ok.

Any help on this is appreciated.  Pretty sure it is software/driver related.

bruhow
What's DOS?
Views: 3,646
Message 4 of 9

I had the exact same problem. Your solution worked! I called Lenovo tech support and they had me update my bios. Hopefully it will not happen again. Like someone above, this happened to my computer after putting it away to sleep or shut down in the straight up position (computer closed, resting between my bed and nightstand, upright).

BeccaG64
Paper Tape
Views: 3,528
Message 5 of 9

I had exactly the same problem, brand new laptop used table mode once and put it back into laptop mode and closed the lid and set it sideways leaning against my couch between table and chair and next thing I hear, fan running full speed ahead, no wifi, no touch pad, no hardware keyboard (the on screen keyboard and touch screen work) Keyboard will only type 6's except for a couple of keys, think the f, w and 6 keys are the only ones that work. The battery level indicator is stuck on 100 and no matter how long I let it run on battery it doesn't drop the level. I've uninstalled devices restarted reinstalled drivers, flashed the bio's updated everything on board and still no fix. I will try the battery die first fix before I go crazy trying to fix this crazy thing..

Maybe it has to do with the tablet mode on its side thing?? How could it matter when it's not in tablet mode any longer? Oh well, will add update after I kill the battery.

BeccaG64
Paper Tape
Views: 3,524
Message 6 of 9

This worked for me.. Wow, and to think I was ready to return this thing. So I wonder how detrimental this is to the battery?
And I wonder if Lenovo has a permanent fix for this? I bought this device specifically because of its either a tablet or laptop function. Guess I will use it as a laptop till Lenovo says they have a "fix" for this problem.
mia33
What's DOS?
Views: 1,723
Message 7 of 9

I have this exact same problem! It's freaking annoying! I can't type with the keyboard or connect to wifi. It's off and I can't turn it back on. The fan continuously runs too. What the heck is wrong with this laptop? I can't change any settings due to me not being an administrator. I can't ask them for help either because I can never find them or they just don't want to help. Guess I'll wait for the battery to die. 

bruhow
What's DOS?
Views: 1,721
Message 8 of 9

You need to read the comments above. There is a solution.

JLopezC
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,694
Message 9 of 9

Instead of running the battery dead, which is terrible for it, you could just disconnect it.

Open it up (just the bottom cover), and mind the pieces of plastic that act as hooks to hold the cover on. Unplug the battery gently, then hold the power button for ten seconds, then wait five minutes (I think it was press it then wait; it shouldn't really matter, though.) Plug it back in, reinstall the cover, and it should work.

It sounds like a "fix-all" solution that never works, but it does. Specifically to the people whose keys were mostly typing 6, I was having the same problem (among others). Not sure why it's always 6, though.

I found this in the form of a fishy-looking answer on another thread. Since my other option was losing data, I gave it a try, and it worked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors