cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sepinaz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 479
Message 1 of 8

My ideapad 700-15ISK restarted two times today with the error code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I just bought this laptop two days ago and installed Windows 7(x64) on it but yesterday when I was downloading the drivers, I did download and installed BIOS Update for Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) - ideapad 700-15ISK, 700-17ISK, and after system being restarted I couldn't turn it on again.

I ran into the seller and asked to fix the problem.

He told me that I have ruined the BIOS and the machine does not let him to enter the setup. After 15 minutes or so, he told me that the problem is fixed and advised me to install windows 10 instead of 7 and I did but today the windows has crashed and restarted with the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED two times.

Unfortunately I couldn't scan the QR code and enter the webpage but I have googled alittle about it.

Some people say that the problem is because of the BIOS but I really don't have the guts to use that BIOS Updater again.

Others mention another causes for this error.

Can anyone suggest what's the problem and what should I do?

Is there any problem with the BIOS?

What should I do to fix it?

For more information:

I have tried to install windows updates since yesterday but one of them:

2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4034658)

has encountered the following error every time:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.
Error code: (0x80073712)

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 459
Message 2 of 8

Re: My ideapad 700-15ISK restarted two times today with the error code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This will give you some ideas.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1655596/fix-kmode-exception-handled-error-windows.html

You have a bad driver somewhere in your windows 10 system.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 449
Message 3 of 8

Re: My ideapad 700-15ISK restarted two times today with the error code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

@sepinaz wrote:

He ... advised me to install windows 10 instead of 7 and I did but today the windows has crashed and restarted with the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED two times.

I am guessing that you purchased your 700-15ISK with no operating system installed, and that you have since tried to install Windows 7, and then (when that failed) Windows 10.

Please be aware that for both operating systems, you need to download and install Lenovo versions of the drivers.  So I think that sclexman is correct -- you need to update one or more of the drivers.

Go to the Lenovo support page for the 700-15ISK and list the drivers for Windows 10, and then download and install all of them.  To get the drivers, scroll to the bottom of this page, click "Downloads" in the "Support" column, and enter the model number of your laptop (700-15ISK).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

sepinaz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 445
Message 4 of 8

I will but I'm afraid to install the BIOS updater again.

Is there any problem with other drivers?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 436
Message 5 of 8

Please state your BIOS version installed.  I would stay aways (for now) of any BIOS update.

You should also download the Lenovo Companion app from the windows store.

Use the system update feature of Companion.  Also download Lenovo settings from the windows store.

Your symptom points to a bad/outdated driver, not anything in the BIOS.

This may help:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3082103/windows/windows-10-upgrade-fixes-for-error-code-0x80073712-an...

sepinaz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 420
Message 6 of 8

The installed BIOS version is as follows:

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO E5CN60WW, 7/17/2017
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 412
Message 7 of 8

@sepinaz wrote:

The installed BIOS version is as follows:

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO E5CN60WW, 7/17/2017

That is the most-recent version; you do not need to update the BIOS again. Smiley Happy

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 406
Message 8 of 8

Use the USB stick version to resolve the KB update[from computer world...woody is great]

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors