cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geddys
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 1 of 9

My laptop Lenovo 530s-151kb in windows 10 pro freezes. I cant open the laptop. The power button is l

Well I have a problem. My laptop is new I have warranty as well. My battery was 23% and i opened the browserand i waited to navigate the internet but no chance I waited 20 mins and nothing happened also I opened other apps in Windows 10 and task manager but no one opened. What should I do? There is not a restart button like on desktop PC  battery is detachable but i i have warranty and I breake the warranty. I dont know why it treezed. By the way 4 days ago I installes windows 10 pro and i updated the os to all recent updates. I connected the charger and i have now the keyboard lighted but the screen is black closed

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 297
Message 2 of 9

Re: My laptop Lenovo 530s-151kb in windows 10 pro freezes. I cant open the laptop. The power button

If you are unable to use the Start Button in Windows to shut it down, try pressing CRTL +ALT + DELETE  keys simultaneously and see if you can use the power icon (in the lower left of the screen) to power off the laptop normally, but if all else fails, press and hold the power button until the system power off (usually 3-4 seconds) and then try booting back up.

If it boots back up, I would probably use Lenovo Vantage to run a hardware scan, and then to updates the device drivers to the latest if you have not already.

Did you download the Windows 10 Pro installer directly from Microsoft?

Best of luck,.

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 272
Message 3 of 9

Re: My laptop Lenovo 530s-151kb in windows 10 pro freezes. I cant open the laptop. The power button

Does it not boot up after all? Like the screen is totally dead? In that case, you might need to send it in. And I would explicitly mention the previous behaviour (apps not opening, system constantly freezing and not responding), not that they think it is just a defective screen. Does it also show this behaviour when you press the NOV button?

Did I/anybody else help you? Give a Kudo!
Did a post solve your problem? Set the post as solution!

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR (81H9003VGE)
Geddys
Paper Tape
Views: 256
Message 4 of 9

I solved the problem.

Yes the screen was block (not turned off) b ut the keyboard lighted.

I have read on many websites tips and I founded a thing. Now I have solved it as far as I can see. I solved with pressing longer 10, 15 seconds power button and the laptop it was closed. Then I pressed again power button the laptop started without any problems and works good as first day I bought and received this product. I have not noticed other problems. But it surprises me that when I started the applications did not work, the operating system worked very hard although as I specified. I made a fresh installation of Windows 10 PRO and I have no viruses and nothing else. The battery then was somewhere at 15%. I was really thinking. The laptop was very well protected. It did not fall on the floor, it was not used in difficult conditions, sun, cold. Under no circumstances. It's a shame that laptops do not have a restart button hidden somewhere very intelligent (to make a restart) like on desktop PCs. Easily solve the problem with a button. Perhaps manufacturers will take into account our tips and suggestions and will put restart buttons on the hidden on laptops in order not to lose work from a mistake.

''Does it not boot up after all? Like the screen is totally dead? In that case, you might need to send it in. And I would explicitly mention the previous behaviour (apps not opening, system constantly freezing and not responding), not that they think it is just a defective screen. Does it also show this behaviour when you press the NOV button?''

On this laptop model S530S-151kb there is not a Novo normally button. You need to use a safety pin or any other needle. Or a hook. But I was not at home. I was far from home. So I did not have the Windows USB stick with me and other recovery sticks. So I gave up. Later I found tips with pressing longer power btton. What a simple it was. I don't know really why the screen was closed totally closed and the keyboard lighted.

Anyway Thank you both for all your help. Thank you so much! Respect

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 254
Message 5 of 9

Since literally every device does a power cycle once the power button is pressed longer, there is really no need for a separate restart button. On PCs it is just there for convenience and due to basically unlimited space, but not because it is explicitly a requirement. But it's good to hear that such a simple solution solved your problem!

Geddys
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 6 of 9

Yes sure. But what do you think. Why you think the display the screen was turned off closed totally and keyboard lighted? It is possible to have a problem with the display the screen? I have warranty but I just ask.

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 243
Message 7 of 9

That's a good question. But for example, on my Yoga 530 there are problems with the audio driver that also affect the standby and make it take ages to shut down. And when Windows shuts down, it turns the screen off before it is completely shut down. My guess would be that your 530s also has that problem and your laptop was just not shut down properly (as you noticed by the running lighting). When you long-press, it power-cycles and thus forces the power off, thus the laptop has been "improperly shut down".

Geddys
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 8 of 9

Done.

Well you are right it's possible that some drivers to create problems. In my case was like your laptop. Was unable to shut down, the keyboard remained  lighted and the screen the display completely turned off. Anyway. I must mention I installed 6 drivers from Lenovo official website (in the driver's section) and the rest of drivers Windows 10 Pro Downloaded them automatically. Windows 10 downloads automatically drivers for all PC's laptops.

Benji96
Bit Torrent
Views: 218
Message 9 of 9

Yup, Windows Update nowadays also provides the manufacturers driver and/or BIOS updates (well, for laptops anyway).

The problem with the driver persists because they didn't update them, for my model anyways, since 5 months and it is very obviously a driver error. When you disable the Realtek Audio chip in the device manager, you'll have no audio through the integrated speakers or headphone output, of course, but the problem should be solved. You could try this once and tell me if that also solves your problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors