Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nniiccnn
Paper Tape
Views: 662
Message 1 of 4

Need help to fix computer

This happened a while back so my mind is a bit blurry on how it happened but basically I got my Lenovo Idealad 100 stuck in a boot loop. 

So when I turned my laptop on it would show Lenovo and then show the windows loading before shutting off. 

If I remember correctly I think I downloaded windows 10 enterprise from the official windows site and put it onto a USB to try factory reset it - as it kept coming up with an error not letting me factory reset.

But here's what happened which totally made it useless. On turning it on I pressed f8 to get into the advanced setting so I could try install windows 10 off the USB but I also had my mouse wireless dongle in at the time and I think I installed that instead now it won't even boot up into windows I just get this error. After showing the Lenovo logo it says checking media then "EFI Network 0 for IPv4 (50-7B-9D-59-25-3E) boot failed.

Also in InsydeH20 Setup Utility it says the hard disk is not detected?

Any help on fixing this issue is greatly appreciated I know I am a dumbass for messing it up this bad as well.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 653
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need help to fix computer

Hi nniiccnn and welcome to the community,

This might not be from anything that you did.  Did you go into the bios before you booted the usb and did you see the hard drive then?

The original problem might have been caused by a bad hard drive.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
nniiccnn
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 3 of 4

I can't remember if I saw it or not. I've only recently decided I want to fix it but it might have been there before hand not

100% sure. It was working perfectly for the first few months I had it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 612
Message 4 of 4

Well, you could try disconnecting the hard drive and reconnecting it.

You could also try running a Linux live usb drive and see if Linux can see the file system on the hard drive.  You'll have to disable Secure Boot in the bios to get the live usb to run.  

If you knew what make of hard drive you have in the machine, you could run a diagnostic utility from boot and see if it can read or see the hard drive.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors