Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spthomas
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 1 of 2

Networking hardware and software just not found

I can't connect to the internet.  It was connected find this morning, but the network has been up and down, and when it went down I assumed it was the network so I disconnected and attempted to reconnect.  Nothing worked. I tried a Network Reset as Windows  as Windows network troubleshooter advised.  Now, it can't even find the network. 

1. I tried to turn on wifi via software switch in Windows settings/Internet and network, and there is not even a checkbox to turn wifi on or off.  Also in Windows I looked at the network adapter settings panel, and it is blank, no wifi, no ethernet. When I run  windows troubleshooter, it only pops up a dialog at the bottom of the page that has a button to turn airplane mode on or of, and a link back to the settings page.

2. I tried turning on wifi with hardware switch (function F5).  No result. 

3. So I tried to turn on wifi via the bios.  Again, there is not even a line in the bios panel for Wifi. 

4. I checked in Windows Device Manager, and it shows a wifi adapter, and says it is working.

So, Windows says I have a working wifi device, but nowhere else can I even find the word wifi.

And of course, I can't see if the wired ethernet adapter works since this laptop doesn't have an ethernet connector.

I don't know what else to try.

And obviously I can't connect anywhere to troubleshoot or get drivers. 

spthomas
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 2 of 2

Re: Networking hardware and software just not found

Oh, and it's a Lenovo Ideapad 100S laptop. And the network here is working fine, I'm on it now typing this. The network I mentioned was flakey was at school earlier today.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors