Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
familytreeconsu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,182
Message 1 of 2

New Ideapad 120S Won't Upgrade Windows 10

Hi, I have a new Ideapad 120S that I really enjoy using.  However after only a few months use it won't accept Windows 10 Upgrade. I've put very little on this machine, probably no more than maybe 500 MB of files and installed programs.  There are no movies, no downloaded music, none of that. System cleanup has been done and Recycle Bin is empty.  It keeps telling me I need to delete 8 GB of data. Say whaaaat??  I show about 2 GB free right now. It's obvious that there is space being taken up, probably by a system file, perhaps hidden. I saw a number of posts online complaining about a large file associated with an upgrade taking up valuable space on this small 32GB drive.  So, what do I do?  I like the computer.  I understand the necessity of maintaining updates to the operating system. But something is really amiss here where such a new computer won't allow O/S updates.  What's the secret to opening up the drive space?  I don't want to return it because of this.  Thanks!

Ken

familytreeconsu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,146
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Ideapad 120S Won't Upgrade Windows 10

More on this:

I contacted Lenovo technical support for help. The agent passed along a couple of generic suggestions such as trying to uninstall programs or using a 3rd party program to analyze disk space.  Then he tried to upsell me to pay for premium support.  That was disappointing. So I guess I'm on my own with this unless one of you on the forum has the solution.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors