Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammamish
Paper Tape
Views: 533
Message 1 of 3

New Ideapad 320 external monitor blinks

My new Ideapad 320-I7IKB worked great for one week with an external HDMI Samsung S27E310 monitor. Then the external monitor started blinking off for about one second, then back on. It blinked off every few minutes. It started happening so often it became unusable. This external monitor worked flawlessly for six months with an HP laptop.  I can move the cable back and forth between my Ideapd and the HP Laptop - works great with HP, blinks with the Lenovo.  I updated all of the Lenovo drivers, did not help.  I called Lenovo support, they bumped me to third tier, to their software group, and they wanted $69 to work on it (again, one week old Ideapad still under warranty).

I otherwise really like this Lenovo, I wish it would work with an external monitor.  Looks like I will either need to return this Ideapad or start purchasing random new external monitors hoping that one of them will be compatible with Lenovo's HDMI driver.

Sammamish
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Ideapad 320 external monitor blinks

Update:  I just took it to a Staples store for a "plug fest", hoping to find an external monitor that didn't blink. No luck. Same serious one-second blink-offs on an HP 27EBSCI.  I didn't try any other monitors because if the first two-of-two failed, I'm done.  And now the whole floor staff at Redmond WA Staples knows that this brand new (otherwise really nice) Lenovo failed, and that Lenovo is refusing to fix it for free.

Sammamish
Paper Tape
Views: 465
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Ideapad 320 external monitor blinks

Further update: Just to be absolutely sure, I put out for the "high speed" $39 Belkin 3' HDMI cable. No change, it still blinks. It's unusable. So I have proved beyond doubt that it is not the monitor and it is not the cable. It's now up to Lenovo to fix their buggy driver. I will call their support back again tomorrow and give them one more chance to make this right.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors