Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sianfx
Paper Tape
Views: 47,322
Message 1 of 140

New Ideapad 320 really slow?

Hi

I've recently bought a new ideapad 320, set it all up and updated everything that needs updating (windows/drivers) but its running extremely slow.

While I get its not the most powerful laptop it should be able to handle me doing more than 2 task at a time without it causing me porblems.

Its struggling to switch windows when I'm doing multiple things and generally running awful.

Any ideas why this brand new laptop is running like I've had it years old?

Thanks in advance.

Rasheed14
Paper Tape
Views: 46,241
Message 2 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

Dear,

The Ideapad 320 last week bought was deadly slow.

Bought coz i5 and 7th generation 4GB, but the result is very slow and no any new apps are added to system.

its take time to initial opening as well excel or word opening makes real crazy, the old system was far better, with the same spec.

Help on this ....

Deemy
What's DOS?
Views: 45,563
Message 3 of 140

I  am having this problem too. My new Lenovo Ideapad 320 is running very slow. I tried uninstalling McAfee, but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 45,556
Message 4 of 140

Without knowing what specs you have on the PC. Its hard to suggest much other then checking your Task Manager for unusual CPU loads or memory loads causing slowness. If its a core i5 it should be fine for multi tasking. Core i3's are a bit more likely to slow under multi tasking.
sandeep534
What's DOS?
Views: 45,474
Message 5 of 140

I have brought lenovo ideapad320 laptop with high configuration(8 gb RAM,I5 - 7th generation).

I am very disappointed with the performance. System performance is very very slow. Even switching between tabs is taking to much of time.

Please can you let me know, if there is any remedy to imporve the performance.

BRahul1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 45,295
Message 6 of 140

the slowness is mostly due to 1 TB HDD with 5400 RPM. I am exploring option to replace this HDD with internal SSD to speed up things. will keep you posted.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 45,005
Message 7 of 140

No, it's NOT the hard disk, that is, for a hard disk, quite fast. It is a system problem, of that I am absolutely sure - and I have the speed tests to prove it.

Contradictory? Not at all. The hard disk itself is relatively fast, as reviews of that specific drive on Amazon show. But, the Lenovo itself is fearful slow. Unbelievably slow.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 44,963
Message 8 of 140

Here are some reviews of the drive on Amazon UK.

Attached is a speed test showing the sort of speed that an older i5 laptop achieves. It's nothing special, but the laptop is perfectly usable.

My next posting will include the equivalent speed test for the Lenovo - after optimisation, of course.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 44,962
Message 9 of 140

The link takes you to the speed test for the Lenovo 320 - as you can see, the speed is very patchy and dire at small file sizes.

It's even worse at file sizes smaller than 4MB (between 3MB/sec and 5MB/sec in some instances) whereas, for the HP, the slowest speed (1MB file transfer size) is around 15MB/sec and much faster at 2MB, 4MB and beyond.

If people want to see the results for file sizes between 1MB and 8192MB, they only have to shout.

Do your own tests, though, using ATTO Benchmark (it's free but requires registration) - or your preferred tester.

abhijeet14
What's DOS?
Views: 44,827
Message 10 of 140

Facing Same issues. 1 day ago i brought this laptop and as mentinoned in above post i am facing same lagging issue

for almost everything, like browsing, listing music, playing games....  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors