Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kw930
Fanfold Paper
Views: 756
Message 91 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

I've my laptop (Intel i5 8250u ver) used for a week and facing the serious lagging as most of the user here did.

Brought to my IT department ask my colleague help to look on it, the first abnormal sign we found out is the 1TB 5400rpm hdd keep read & writing none stop and when checking the hdd activity, it's always working at 100% load eventhough there's no any apps running.

Tried uninstall the Macfee antivitus, a bit better but still no significant improvement. 

In the end, did a Win 10 full clean wipe and reinstalation as some user suggested, finally the hdd behave normally and system no more lagging.

It seems like the original Lenovo apps are conflicting with Windows, only clean up the system will fix it.

Give it a try before giving up on it. 

petric
What's DOS?
Views: 715
Message 92 of 140

And that is not all .As it seems on startup laptop has loosing what are legacy drives.Litteraly laptop didnt detect hard drive or CD Rom.Now they fixed thtt with new rom but problem is still here slow boot on restarting PC.When doing full shutdown and restart PC runs fast but when hitting restart its choakes .HD allso choke on waking by usig 100% hard disk usage.Sometihn is

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by the Community Guidelines and have been removed.

kw930
Fanfold Paper
Views: 660
Message 93 of 140

Anyone feel the bundle 5400rpm 1TB hdd noisy? Or is it on my laptopn only?

I hear the obvious 'clic..clic...' noise wheneven the 1TB driver is read or writing something, sound like those 5-10 years old hdd.

Manumaker
What's DOS?
Views: 547
Message 94 of 140

Hello people first sorry for my bad English, im from Argentina , I create my account because i literally want to trowh this laptop in the garbage. I did some of the previous suggestion but nothing really change, until I bought a Samsung 860 Evo, super easy migration with the official software, the difference is enormous, night and day. If someone want help to do it the are plenty videos on YouTube , and I could help if a can. Next step it's add more ram. I will be comenting on here. Hope it helps. 

kw930
Fanfold Paper
Views: 532
Message 95 of 140

Well, I did the similar on mine too.

Removed the DVD ROM drive, slotted in a 2.5" Kingston SSD, made it the main boot up disc with the original 1TB 5400rpm SATA HDD as back up drive and now the system smooth like silk (boot up & shut dowtime time <5s).

SteHawk
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 96 of 140

Hi there,

I have a problem with my Ideapad 320-15 abr, is really too slow.

Hardware specific:

AMD A12-9720P 
AMD Radeon R7 graphics 

AMD Radeon R8 M535DX

12 Gb RAM

I have already uninstalled McAfee but i didn't notice any improvement of performance.

What can i do?

Thanks 

Mod's Edit: merged this post was existing discussion.

mitchwnz
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 97 of 140

I don't actually know why more people haven't done this.

It's clear the issue is the Seagate 1TB hard drive, and an SSD is so inexpensive.

It takes about 5 minutes to change out the old on and put in a new one (refer to page 7)

Surely people's time is worth more than spending hours changing settings and deleting software!?? 

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 452
Message 98 of 140

But why on earth should anyone have to do this with a new computer. If that is the solution, then the product isn't fit for purpose and should be withdrawn from sale.

giancarlo6363
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 99 of 140

i have the same specs on my 320

im changing my hdd with my ssd

but before doing that i want to clean wipe my windows 10 home oem on my hdd and do a clean windows 10 install on it.

how can i perform a clean wipe? and how can i install a clean windows 10 version on my hdd? 

before cloning it to my ssd.

Lenovo 320 81G for GAMING? >> https://bit.ly/2DyqdCd

giancarlo6363
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 100 of 140

my old samsung laptop with i3 2nd gen cpu performs awesome when upgrading it with an 240gb SSD and putting the old slow 1tb hdd to the odd bay using an hhd caddy.

so using ssd to your lenovo 320 will make it faster booting up and opening programs. Smiley Very Happy

Lenovo 320 81G for GAMING? >> https://bit.ly/2DyqdCd

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors