Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishaque1
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 141 of 153

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

It worked for me too. Not a drastic change though but now atleast I can use my laptop.

geomel
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 142 of 153

I Replaced the hdd disk with SSD and it is much faster now
BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 143 of 153

Using an SSD instead of a hard disk will always improve performance but, truth is, you shouldn't need to do that with a new computer.

Did you do any speed tests - before and after upgrading to an SSD?

And was the machine largely unusable before the SSD upgrade?

Ishaque1
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 144 of 153

My laptop started to become slow within two days of doing disk cleanup.

Have read several articles and watched a handful of videos and did exactly what they said but nothing helped.

Atlast I have found a comment on an article which said; "If nothing works, select high performance in power options".

In lenovo idea pad 320 you dont have this option available, therefore you need to create a new power plan and select high performance.

My laptop is smooth now, still cant say for sure if the problem is gone or still persists. Will update within a few days.

Fingers crossed.

Ishaque1
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 145 of 153

It is a Eureka moment for me!!

After a heck of searching and mind boggling finally I found a solution and I hope it would help others also.

Earlier I had uninstall all bloatware of Lenovo, kept looking at the resource monitor for hours and hours stopping and disabling one process after another my disk was still 100% and my Laptop was as slow as a sloth.

I even updated all the drivers manually using a software called drive easy, but just after a few hours my laptop went on the ventilator (almost dead).

Finally, I decided to uninstall the windows and do a fresh installation, since I have tried almost all the options present on the youtube videos for 100% disk and slow laptop and also read numerous articles.

But, before uninstalling an idea struck me, and I decided to install all the software (bloatware) and diagnostics tools from Lenovo website using the following link:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sa/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/320-14isk/downloads?link...

Also installed Lenovo Service bridge.

Ran all the diagnostics and used the option of automatic update provided on the above link. It updated a few of my drivers did a handful of diagnostic tests and TADA!!!

Its a sigh of relief.

Rant over.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 311
Message 146 of 153

Please define "TADA".

Have you carried out any speed tests or is this just a subjective observation?

Ishaque1
Paper Tape
Views: 308
Message 147 of 153

Sorry for the slang.

I havent ran any speed tests, neither earlier nor now.

But, I observed that along with lagging and slowlness, my disk was also 100% utilized even without any application. And stopping processes one after another didnt help too.

And after doing all the diagnostic tests and automatic updates using Lenovo software my computer is smooth as it was never before. And I have started, restarted, shutdown, logged in and out several times in 24 hours to check and confirm.

I am not an expert in this field, but as per my observation my laptop's issue is resolved.

It may help others too, that is why I posted here.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 295
Message 148 of 153

Thanks!

Milanbk
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 149 of 153

HI   

I bought lenovo ideapad 320, core i5 4 GB RAM one year ago. This laptop is looking very good but why performance is extremely slow ? I can't work with multi task. If I opened more than 2 task it is hang.
When I start my lenovo ideapad 320 it will take long time. please give the solution.
Thanks in advance.
Japoy2019
What's DOS?
Views: 208
Message 150 of 153

Was deceived by this laptop ideapad320, bought this out of nowhere hoping to help me out on my office work at home, but this, its taking time to just load up while turning on this laptop as well as a browser though i dont have a lot of things to store yet! i hope there's solution on this matter. so dissapointing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors