Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 13,437
Message 11 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

Run speed tests as I suggest in my last posting - and report back what sort of speeds you are seeing. I'd be delighted if they are significantly different than those I posted; but greatly surprised, too.
Rasheed14
Paper Tape
Views: 13,090
Message 12 of 140

Yes its True 

The Ideapad 320 last week bought was deadly slow.

its new one still slow no idea 

I need to wait for every new tab opens every new programs 

want to break it really ...

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 13,083
Message 13 of 140

Get your money back and buy something different. This seems to be a specific fault on this particular Lenovo model - though I'm hoping someone can find something, anything, that can be changed to fix this issue.

Since I made available those speed tests, I've tested perhaps six other computers; some with SSDs, some with hard disks. None of the results from those test got anywhere close to being as bad as the two IdeaPad 320 models that I tested.

hamisu
Paper Tape
Views: 12,159
Message 14 of 140

I have observed one thing:

"Disk activity time" in Task Manager shows 100% constantly. 

I notice usually after 30 mins idling, the disk activity time goes back to random. That's when the laptop works normally. However after waking up from sleep, the disk activity time is back to 100% constantly and that's when the laptop slows down. I've tried to contact technical support but the easies thing they did was to run the Hardware Scan.

I will be contacting them again on Monday.

I agree with Rasheed14.... I really feel like throwing a fit using this brand new laptop. It struggles to do the simplest of task ie, switching to another program

mitchwnz
Paper Tape
Views: 11,906
Message 15 of 140

Just purchased this yesterday and can confirm the performance is terrible! Background Windows updates and Microsoft Onedrive Syncing seemed to be the cause for me.. But those are tasks that should run in the background with limited impact.  This Notebook is absolute junk, almost unusable and a complete waste of money.  

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 11,882
Message 16 of 140

My viewpoint is that the machine is not fit for sale and you should get your money back BUT...
... Olaf93 messaged me about his problem saying that he took it to a friend who does IT work and he reinstalled Windows 10 and the problem went away (though, in truth, he didn't know precisely what his friend did).

I asked him yesterday to speak to his friend and post here (as much as possible), exactly what his friend did to cure the problem. Hopefully, he'll do that soon. But the fact that the problem may be fixable (if by rather extereme methods) doesn't alter my viewpoint that the machine, as sold, is not fit for purpose.

Olaf93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,795
Message 17 of 140

Hello,

I faced the exact same problem with you few weeks ago. After I bought this laptop from lenovo official store and I tried to install an OS (Windows 10 64-bit) by myself, it ran so slow that it drove me crazy. I was about to return this piece of junk back to the store. But I didn't think that will work. Finally I decided to take it to my friend who runs a computer repair business and thankfully my ideapad 320 runs so smooth like a normal computer. I asked him what did he done to my laptop and he said he was just re-installed the Windows and download the newest drivers from each websites (not from lenovo). I hope that helps you!

Cheers,

Olaf

Julian_P7
What's DOS?
Views: 11,733
Message 18 of 140

I bought mine a week ago and experienced terrible speed. I have no other apps except netflix. This is so frustrating. What's the return policy of this?

mitchwnz
Paper Tape
Views: 11,729
Message 19 of 140

So I have a solution.  I went through and Reset the PC.  It took about 6 hours to do a complete wipe/reinstall of Windows.  I then deleted McAfee anti virus, PowerDVD and all the other bloatware items.  Once the windows updates finished the laptop is running 100% faster.  It took a long time to re-install my apps, but worth it. 

DatDigital
Paper Tape
Views: 11,701
Message 20 of 140

I bought this model 2 weeks ago (4GB RAM, Intel Core i3 7th Gen (U), 5400RPM HDD, NVIDIA 940MX), and it runs really slowly. Sometimes even slower than my old Acer Aspire 5755 (4gb RAM, Intel Core i5 2nd Gen (M), 5400RPM HDD, Intel HD Graphics 3000).

I tried many ways that I could find such as: reinstall different versions of drivers, change the Power Plans to Maximum Processing, Remove any background process that doesn't necessary etc. But when I came to play some game (s.a CSGO, COD:MW) I experienced some lag with low-medium settings. The FPS is OK at 45-70 FPS (CSGO), but sometimes, the FPS was just freeze for a second (1 - 2 time(s) each minute) (Core temp was stable at ~60°C, quite cool, btw).
Same lagging issue happened to Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop when I open up or close one of the two apps, takes so long, maybe longer than my old Acer Aspire 5755.
Came to benchmark test (with UserBench), it said my HDD (Western Digital, 1TB, 5400RPM) works below the expectation. So MAYBE it's the problem.

If anyone bought this laptop and get some lags, maybe just check if your HDD works fine.

Overall, I'm "pretty" ok with my Lenovo Ideapad 320 because it's quite cheap and everything is just right for me (outside and "inside"). Just hate the lagging issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors