Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSF1
What's DOS?
Views: 8,161
Message 21 of 153

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

my new ideapad 320 just arrived and right out of the box it is SLOOOOOOOOOW.  Infuriatingly slow, to the point that I wonder if it will crash.  It also won't detect my second monitor which is irritating.  I am going to play dumb and call Lenovo support since it's still within the warranty period and threaten to return if they can't suggest a change.  I really don't want to have to wipe and reinstall Windows.

Ferko2000
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,823
Message 22 of 153

Similar symptoms. Disk usage 100% when i tried to instal something. To save others precious time: Download win10 iso from microsoft web and do a clean instal and let windows download drivers itself. I tried to do a instal from recovery partition but that windows came full of bloatware, unupdated. Once I did original windows instal problems went away and computer behaves as it should. Don't worry about licence keys. Your windows key should be in bios. Windows will activate digitally. This was really frustrating experience cause I come from Mac world. New computer should work and behave like new. Happy for HW but the software side of Lenovo products dissapointed me. Almost convinced the person to buy SSD cause this was my first win 10 experience and I thought it was slow as hell and can't work on HDD.

andresdrr
Paper Tape
Views: 7,748
Message 23 of 153

Hi.

I have the same laptop. I just bought it 1 month ago. My recomendation is ALWAYS format the system. This week also I bought 1 memory stick (16 GB). And I have no trouble at all.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 7,728
Message 24 of 153

Still leaves me shaking my head to think that this product is being sold, still, in a state that's not fit to use. Does Lenovo not take a single bit of notice of these forums?

andresdrr
Paper Tape
Views: 7,723
Message 25 of 153

Hi.

Unfortunately, every PC/laptop/phone is sell with bloatware, no matter the brand.

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 7,717
Message 26 of 153

I don't think the issue is to do with bloatware - though that never helps peformance, of course, it's more to do with Windows itself, and how it's been setup, surely?

zvjezdan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,655
Message 27 of 153

My friend i did the same,i am not happy with this sheet by product,my advice to all peoples a spread the world ..DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM LENOVO this was my first and last time in my life ..i am really disjointedness and dessapointed
esozt
What's DOS?
Views: 7,496
Message 28 of 153

I have the same problem for 3 months it was super slow slower than the my old laptop. I had busy for 3 months and did not care about any solutions. After checking the forum I prepared a win 10 installation usb from microsoft site and set up the windows again. It is 100x faster now! Lenovo please check your embeded windows in the laptop there is something going wrong in your OS. Definetely it is worth to try and difference like day and night. 

windows setup took 90 mins. not 6 hours!

Good luck! 

GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 6,747
Message 29 of 153

The problem is is that it is actually UNDERPERFORMING! tried everything and the fan is not running either(so quiet you cannot here it when playing game and fps spike make every game on this system unplayable)
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 6,747
Message 30 of 153

went to task manager while playing world of tanks blitz and other games at high graphics and nothing(including disk usage) has gone over 50% but something is REALLY WRONG with my FPS.... should i take it back now? i have less than a one week deadline to take it back to best buy where i payed $500 for. unusable for playing games, opening apps while multi-tasking etc. checked on the task manager the whole time. disk usage has never went higher than 70%. i'm really upset with lenovo and amd knowing there is no supported software to overclock this device(even wattman or any amd overclock software is not supported and i'm running an AMD A12 PROCESSOR WITH RADEON R7 GRAPHICS!!!).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors