Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 4,130
Message 31 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

did a COMPLETE reinstallation of windows 10 through a brand new 64 windows media tool creation drive. I wiped EVERYTHING.
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Message 32 of 140

sry man didn't work for me. did a complete reinstall(not a windows reset) with a windows 10 64 media creation tool and only installed drivers from AMD autodetect. the amd software has A lot of bugs also. but i'm not going to bring up specifics since this is a lenovo site not AMD support.
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Message 33 of 140

2 week if you bought it from best buy. mine is up in a coupe days so i'm going to take this back and get a full refund. this was the only computer that had the specs that i NEEDED. i would honesty hurry and get your money back if you can or call lenovo support and claim your warranty since this seems to be a hardware problem(fan cooler is not running as it should be on my lenovo 320-15ABR).
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 4,128
Message 34 of 140

tied that man, it was no help unfortunately and its starting to piss me off and not buy another lenovo product again(including amd) and just stick with acer's lower end laptops.
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 4,127
Message 35 of 140

funny thing s mine says it does detect another monitor but i don't have one installed, just my laptop and that is it.
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 4,126
Message 36 of 140

best idea for me right now is to stay away from lenovo(right next to insignia products) SMH...
GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 4,126
Message 37 of 140

it is not the bloatware(even though i uninstalled the mcafee antivirus that came with the thing) it has to do with something about the laptop itself. i have all performance settings turned on from system to third party(lenovo, AMD).
Alen91
Paper Tape
Views: 4,078
Message 38 of 140

hi i just brought the ideapad 320s about 2 days.

Guess i went through the same problem.

The good news is i found some ways to improve the performance of the laptop.

first is through changing the paging of  ' adjust apperance and performance of the window"- try look for the procedure in google.

second step is through disk cleanup in administrative tool.

After done this 2 steps i found my laptop working better than before.

The bad news i found the Ideapad back up and restore shows window 7, which i am not sure if its normal.

Anyway the issue i think due to automatic window update running behind and not still finished installing for almost 2 DAYS!!

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 4,070
Message 39 of 140

Having suffered horribly with two of these machines (on behalf of a client), I think the only way you are going to get it working properly is to follow earlier advice (which requires you to have an empty USB stick of at least 8GB in size and know what version of Windows 10 you are running - right click on Computer and choose Properties from the list to find out; then backup to an external  any music, docs, whatever, you might have put on the Lenovo).

In summary, but please read earlier postings, this is what you need to do:

Download the Windows 10 installer from here

Run the installer to create a bootable Windows 10 install stick (of the correct version and language)

Boot from that stick and do a clean install of Windows 10.

If you can't be bothered to do that, go get your money back.

GoodLieYoung
Paper Tape
Views: 3,977
Message 40 of 140

this worked for me. now i need to figure out how i am supposed to get Dolby audio back on here, SMH. doesn't Lenovo provide support for this stuff? check my laptop support and drivers and i am up-to-date. went to Dolby and they said to go back to Lenovo support, but still no Dolby audio anywhere on my PC support page.... this is starting to upset me now. all i would like is for Lenovo to put Dolby in their support page for drivers and software. it was built-in when i first bought this PC and now it is gone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors