Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 2,841
Message 41 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

Looking at earlier problems with different machines, it looks at though the RealTek audio drivers contain the Dolby stuff - so go up to the Lenovo support pages and download the right drivers for your SPECIFIC machine.

Apologies if you have done this already and it has not cured the problem.

Mohammad9988
What's DOS?
Views: 2,758
Message 42 of 140

I had the same issue here also, i install Lenovo solution center

after i run the hardware test it give me warning on hard drive. 

i went to lenovo service center the told me the hard drive need to be replaced 

i hope this can help you

moonoy93
Punch Card
Views: 2,726
Message 43 of 140

Hi, @GoodLieYoung

Dolby is automatically included in the Realtek Audio download, (was on mine anyway)

To get it working.. 'Go to Çontrol Panel. Go to top right.. Change 'View by: from Category to Large Icons.

it should be there.....

dolby.JPG

Then drag it to the bottom task bar..

My laptop is Ideapad 320 151kb

cmfr18
Paper Tape
Views: 2,359
Message 44 of 140

install drivers of chipset and video drivers, but the drivers what you need install in your machine, download in www.intel.com o www.amd.com depends of processor that you have
braille0109
Paper Tape
Views: 2,286
Message 45 of 140

Hi guys, I'm a newby, so apologies for any repeats. I did read this thread for a while, but had a few issues with my ID, so I couldn't post till now. In short, I seem to be affected with my ideaPad 15.6 inch ABR. So I did the factory reset, as suggested earlier in this thread, which in actual fact, made things even worse than they already were. Long story short, I installed the vantage from the Microsoft store, then my graphics card driver, which have improved things. I also ran a bench mark, where my specific unit can score from 31% up to 59%. With that said, I still find what is supposedly a quad core AMD, running at 2.7 GHZ going upwards unbelievably slow.  As this is my first AMD, I'm not even sure if this is normal, or whether something else is up on my end. I would post my bench mark results, but I'm not sure if that would be considered as advertising. But to give an idea of how slow the thing is, my 2012 Samsung series 3, (300e5C, to be exact) i3 3110 

CPU running at 2.4 GHZ, no turbo boost or anything, with a western digital 5400 RPM hard drive, kicks my ideaPad to hell, quite literally. I did contact Lenovo, with the hopes that they would do some remote tests on my device, they advised me to send it in. But as the closest repair Center is in Germany, and I'm in the UK, I don't exactly feel safe doing that. and if this turns out to be normal, I don't want to take it back to the shop either, getting embarrassed. The fact  that when I ran the Lenovo hardware scan, through the vantage, and everything came up as positive, leads me to think that this is normal. So for those of you with the AMD 9700p. Do you experience any of what I mentioned, and if so, is there actually a solution, or is this one of those powerful looking CPU's but are beyond hope in practise? I'm also getting quite a fair bit of fan noise, but I  wrote that down as an AMD quirk, least for now. Thanks for any pointers. PS. I may struggle with screenshots, as I have vision loss. 

dylanhky
What's DOS?
Views: 2,244
Message 46 of 140

I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 320 last month and encountered the same problems everyone is having.  After reading through the posts I was ready to do a clean install but then I noticed that out of all the apps , Lenovo Vantage needed the most time to start. Out of curiosity I uninstalled Lenovo Vantage and my problems instantly went away . Somehow it is not compatible with Windows 10, it could be an oversight during testing before rolling these models out. Tried reinstalling and things went fine but then the lag starting creeping back in. Just to be safe I uninstalled all the pre-installed Lenovo apps and things have been fine since.

MichaelCLesko
What's DOS?
Views: 2,180
Message 47 of 140

I found something that worked really great for me.  On windows 10, iType and iPoint windows process seemed to fix the problem.  I deleted both and boom! computer blistering fast now.  Maybe there is a clash between iType/iPoint and the track pad hardware or keyboard?  Don't know, just know it worked for me.  Hope it helps someone.

IDONTPAY4SUFFER
What's DOS?
Views: 2,083
Message 48 of 140

Same as me  . Just bought for 2 days already lag like hell. Even spend me hours just to types this  comment  .

Why on this earth Lenovo still sell this problematic  laptop.

I spend thousands not to face this problem . 2 night wasted  because of LENOVO.

Can I get my refund back?

braille0109
Paper Tape
Views: 2,077
Message 49 of 140

I'm currently experimenting with the lenovo USB recovery key, but no joy so far. if I take it back, (too late for refund) I'll either get told that nothing is wrong, since the vantage didn't detect anything, or I'll get told that I no longer have a warranty because of windows, or for the fact that the thing doesn't have a well built quality, and we know how these things go. it's rather funny seeing my AMD 9700P struggling, where as my i3 3110 flies by. 

BobCrabtree
Punch Card
Views: 2,067
Message 50 of 140

If you can't get a refund, please do read though the advice here.

The most recent advisory before your posting looks interesting but, in truth, my starting point would probably be to download the Windows 10 installer and do a completely fresh install, as a number of people have suggested here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors