Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puneetk1103
Paper Tape
Views: 1,495
Message 71 of 140

Re: New Ideapad 320 really slow?

Can you confirm if there is a free ram slot?
Leon41
What's DOS?
Views: 1,407
Message 72 of 140

I can't find IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers on my device manager. It is missing.

EmPleh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,243
Message 73 of 140

Guys I've been experiencing the terrible speed of that laptop ever since I've bought this the desktop is running so slow even clicking the window key takes several seconds to open. I've been to task manager and the CPU usage is just 6% to 30%, ram usage 64%, and the disk is 99% so I've been looking for the process that consumes a lot. It was the windows defender. So I shut down the Windows Defender and my laptop went so smooth. I hope it works for you folks.

G3NSVRV
Paper Tape
Views: 1,234
Message 74 of 140

Hello OP and Everyone,

I'm Glad to say today that I have the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15-AST and yes, I can confirm that is running a lot slow AFTER install the latest AMD I2C CONTROLLER driver.

Just roll back to the 2017 version and everything will be fine Smiley Happy

I've notified to Lenovo about this issue.

braille0109
Paper Tape
Views: 1,182
Message 75 of 140

1) Where and how do I determine, whether the I2C driver is installed on my ideaPad 320 ABR? 2) If I have it, and I have the 2018 version, where can I please obtain a 2017 version?

G3NSVRV
Paper Tape
Views: 1,171
Message 76 of 140

Hi,

please go to Windows + R (run), write devmgmt.msc, press ok.

in the main screen check I2C driver on System Devices list, then press right click and properties, go to driver snap and click rollback.

braille0109
Paper Tape
Views: 1,135
Message 77 of 140

Hi there. Thanks so much for this. my driver seems to have a date of 4/1/2017, and it's offering me to update, so I guess I'll leave it alone. I more or less managed to fix all the lag, now I just need some speed...

G3NSVRV
Paper Tape
Views: 1,126
Message 78 of 140

nice, for more speed you can also check the windows search if is disabled, if in settings is disabled the "Get tips and tricks and suggestion as you use windows" on system/notifications & actions, for "occasionally show suggestions in start" in personalization / start. I've noticied that windows defender is laggin a lot the system too. you can check the ahci driver if you have configure your HDD for ahci, and clean some old regs, and deffrag

Hamza19
What's DOS?
Views: 760
Message 79 of 140

Hello, you have a problem on the hard drive i think,

it happened to me when i bought my computer and it took it around 10 hours to update the windows and everyday it gets slower and i lost around 1.5 gb or ram and the cpu is at its peak even if i am not using anything and it browses facebook so slow.

i went to Lenovo and after they responded that the hard disk was not okay from the beginning and now it works really fast. and if you have amd radeon graphic then you need to change something there if you want chrome to work better...

hope this will be helpful.

dooce
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 80 of 140

I was given my 320 as a present from my wife, so it was kind of difficult to tell her that the thing was slower than the 10-year-old Toshiba it was supposed to replace. By the time I realised that it was seriously, mind-numbingly slow, I had loaded it up with MS 365 software and transferred all my files to it so I had to find a solution. Did a full disk check, no difference; removed all the rubbish games programmes, no difference.

I read somewhere that uninstalling Lenovo Vantage did the trick for one user, and as all it appears to do is provide a different way of fiddling with desktop visuals etc, I knocked it out; total transformation. 

So I strongly recommend trying that simple step before you start mesing around with anything more complicated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors