Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-18-2017

India

18 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 201 of 207

Re:New Ideapad 320 really slow?

2021-01-10, 6:49 AM

Here is the one solution that could work out for every single WORTHLESS AND USELESS laptop . See attached Single Rank RAM. 

THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP WAS USABLE AFTER I HAVE INSTALLED THIS CRUCIAL RAM -8GB. ONE COULD DO THIS BY ONESELF

THERE IS NO NEED TO SPEND MONEY ON SSD . RAM WORKS FINE. ITS AVAILABLE ONLINE.

IMG_20210110_120758.jpg
Options

1 Posts

01-20-2021

Argentina

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 202 of 207

2021-01-20, 12:03 PM

Ok. If you have this laptop and you came to this thread hoping to find a solution, let me tell you this: IT'S ALL WORTHLESS

It is 2021. I bought this laptop new in 2018. Since that very moment it has been unbearably slow. I first visited this same thread in 2018 hoping I'd find a solution. I tried literally EVERYTHING that has been suggested in this thread over the last THREE YEARS (except, of course, returning the machine and getting a refund, which now I'm a bit late to do...).

Here's what I did over the course of three years (spoiler: NOTHING WORKED!)

1. Wiped the factory Windows 10 install clean, deleted all partitions, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled fresh. This meaning NONE of the bloatware was present. Still slow.
2. Changed the UEFI to Legacy, just in case. Still slow
3. Updated the BIOS and ALL the drivers. Still slow
4. Disabled the Intel Rapid Storage thingy. Still slow
5. Changed the virtual memory settings. Still slow
6. Disabled all unused Windows services. Still slow
7. Upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram. Still slow
8. Went with the most expensive option of upgrading to SSD. Which after reading so many comments of how slow the original HDD was, I REALLY hoped this might solved it. It kinda made it slightly faster, but STILL SLOW.

So you see, tried both the software AND hardware solutions. So let me spare you the reading of three whole years of posting confirming to you that there is really no hope for this girls and boys.

Options

1 Posts

02-02-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 203 of 207

2021-02-02, 17:41 PM

As someone else has said, the HDD is terrible in this model. 

In mine.. with nothing open.. the HDD is read/write at 100% capacity. Windows 10 itself will slow your speeds down some, but not to the extent that it's unusable. It's just an advertiser's OS that caters to marketers and trackers rather than performance and overall functionality. 

With that being said, I remedied mine by replacing the HDD with a 7mm nand SSD, 9.5mm ssd adapter and then I went ahead and replaced the RAM with a 8gb Sodimm DDR3 1600 card.

This, combined with a factory reset, has the laptop like new. 

Options

16 Posts

04-28-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

30 Signins

173 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 173
  • Message 204 of 207

2021-02-15, 10:39 AM

@ juanivitale wrote:

Ok. If you have this laptop and you came to this thread hoping to find a solution, let me tell you this: IT' ALL WORTHLESS

It is 2021. I bought this laptop new in 2018. Since that very moment it has been unbearably slow. I first visited this same thread in 2018 hoping I' find a solution. I tried literally EVERYTHING that has been suggested in this thread over the last THREE YEARS (except, of course, returning the machine and getting a refund, which now I' a bit late to do...).

Here' what I did over the course of three years (spoiler: NOTHING WORKED!)

1. Wiped the factory Windows 10 install clean, deleted all partitions, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled fresh. This meaning NONE of the bloatware was present. Still slow.
2. Changed the UEFI to Legacy, just in case. Still slow
3. Updated the BIOS and ALL the drivers. Still slow
4. Disabled the Intel Rapid Storage thingy. Still slow
5. Changed the virtual memory settings. Still slow
6. Disabled all unused Windows services. Still slow
7. Upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram. Still slow
8. Went with the most expensive option of upgrading to SSD. Which after reading so many comments of how slow the original HDD was, I REALLY hoped this might solved it. It kinda made it slightly faster, but STILL SLOW.

So you see, tried both the software AND hardware solutions. So let me spare you the reading of three whole years of posting confirming to you that there is really no hope for this girls and boys.

Have to admit that there have been times when I had thought the same. Having tried most ofthe options noted in this thread, late last year I finally decided to take the plunge and replace the HDD with SSD. It wasn't particularly expensive - a 1TB SSD cost me about £35, plus the cable (another £5 or so), which has significantly increased the performance. I did the SSD upgrade myself, and appreciate not everyone has the confidence to do this, but it has been worth it.

Yes, admittedly, there are still the odd occasions where the laptop does "have a moment" where it locks up, but in general, I'm now happy with the performance. Just a shame it took me 2 years to get around to doing this!!!!

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 205 of 207

2021-02-15, 11:22 AM

Honestly, I'm amazed you waited so long before purchasing an SSD.  It think after my first fresh install of windows I realised the Hard Drive was absolute junk and swapped it out.. This was 3 years ago and it's run flawlessly since.  It's a shame Lenovo sold the laptop in that condition (i.e not of merchantable quality), but I doubt you'll see them admit that.   At the end of the day it's a cheap laptop, even the guy in the store asked me if I was sure I wanted it..  

Options

2 Posts

11-13-2019

Philippines

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 206 of 207

2021-05-03, 4:05 AM

Good News, Everyone.

Problem solved. Lenovo Ideapad 320s.

Recommendation:

- Replace factory default 4GB RAM Memory with at least 8GB RAM.

- Replace factory default 2.5" SSD storage with m.2 Nvme storage card(ei. Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 Nvme) as the primary Windows OS Storage.

- Estimated cost:

- $120 for m.2 Nvme 500GB

- $  60 for 8GB RAM

Results:

- Average time 20 seconds boot

- you can already start a Windows application 20 seconds after pressing that power button.

Options

16 Posts

04-28-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

30 Signins

173 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 173
  • Message 207 of 207

2021-05-15, 18:55 PM

...and three months after my last post, somewhat prematurely thinking had bottomed the problem by replacing the HDD with SSD, performance has yet again deteriorated. I reinstalled windows but no success there, I then reformatted the SSD and reinstalled Windows and again, no improvement.

So the last throw of the dice, installing 8Gb RAM which arrrived yesterday. Installed earlier today, but unlike others, the performance is worse!!!! Of course, it should all be so easy - insert new card, start up and everything will work.......except in my case. Just checking if there are any settings I need to change to try and get it running faster?

I suspect that if this upgrade doesn't work, I'll be ditching the 320 and buy from another manufacturer as this device is utterly hopeless.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms