Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenniferO
What's DOS?
Views: 3,073
Message 1 of 5

New Ideapad 330 not starting

I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 330 for my daughter for Christmas and it stopped working the morning of the 27th.

I have tried taking out the battery, hlding down the power button, and pushing the Lenovo Button with a Paper Clip.

Unfortunately non of these solutions have worked and I'm very upset.

The laptop powers and shutsdown after about 15 seconds. The screen remains black during this time.

What has gone wrong, and is there a solution, or have I bought a Lemon?

Any responses to help are appreciated.

DM04
What's DOS?
Views: 2,812
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Ideapad 330 not starting

I have had my Lenovo ideapad 330 less than a week and it won't start, was working last night, any solutions to this?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,803
Message 3 of 5

Hi All!

Thank for writing in,

Does the power light remain on when the screen goes black or the laptop shut itself down completely? Here are some steps that we can try,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Also, when you tried pressing the Novo button while in Off State, does the power light turn on, but shows nothing on the screen? Using a different charger might also help, to check if there's any changes. Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mark250
What's DOS?
Views: 2,246
Message 4 of 5

The screen turned off while using the Ideapad 330, but the laptop was still on (the fan was running & the power light is on).

I powered it down by holding the power button.

When trying to turn it back on, again the power light turns on and the fan spins, but there is no screen display.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,237
Message 5 of 5

Hi!

Welcome to the Community,

Turn off the laptop by pressing and holding the power button. After that, perform a power drain,

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352

You can also connect an external monitor to check if it turns on in the background, and it's not turning on at all. Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors