New Laptop Fps drop

Helloo..
I buy new laptop before 3 months..
Lenovo 320-15

i5-7200U

nVIDIA 940mx 2gb DDR5
8RAM

1T HHD
Only after 10 days,when I try to play League of Legends, I got 10-15 fps( Smiley Surprised)..I try to update windows,update drivers..(No need for new laptop I guess butt..) 2 years warranty -yes.So I go to the place and they send the laptop to service..After 20 days,they send laptop back and unspecified problem they say.. So anybody can help me pls,Lenovo little help here..
In our country this is much money if they dont do anything when the laptop is in warranty..
Sorry for bad english..
Thanks.

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 1,123
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Laptop Fps drop

Ideapad 320 is rather a basic laptop. It definitely isn't a laptop for playing games, rather for web browsing and watching videos on YouTube. I've read reviews and beside its not so powerful CPU and GPU it has not so effective cooling system which means overheating and then thermal throttling.

But it definetly shouldn't be that bad that it gets 15 FPS in such basic game like League of Legends.

What I would suggest is maybe the game is running on the integrated GPU not on NVIDIA GPU. Try to set the game to run on NVIDIA GPU in NVIDIA Control Panel and then look if it's working better. That's a common problem for modern laptops that the game doesn't run on the correct GPU.

Shaki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,104
Message 3 of 11

I try this - right lick on lol - run with High performance nvidia processor..
I reset my pc yesterday.Get fresh windows and now when the game start fps is 70-100..But after few min. its sometimes goin to 30..
I hear from someone the high ms can make problems to fps drop too 70ms(sometimes 150)..

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 968
Message 4 of 11

This is as I thought. The performance is limited by thermal throttling due to device overheating. I've read on reviews that thermal throttling is definetely a problem of this model. A I said beforce: this model is not a gaming one. It's basic laptop meant for web browsing, YouTube watching, etc.
Shaki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 962
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for your support..I have last question - can u check this picture and thats good or bad for this type laptop..2018-03-28 (3).png

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 960
Message 6 of 11

The CPU is not working too hard. The main limiter is the GPU which is working at 100% and it's pretty hot (74 degrees is OK for CPU but not as good for mobile GPU). With the graphics on the screenshot the 25 FPS is not bad for such GPU.
Shaki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 958
Message 7 of 11

If I keep playing 1-2 hours would it be a problem?And if I buy cooler pad can this help a little bit or nah..

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 945
Message 8 of 11

I don't think it's possible to break GPU due to overheating. The GPU and CPU have overheating protection mechanisms like thermal throttling which may become more aggressive when the temp will go higher. In critical temp state it will just turn off. But the temps in your laptop are not as bad. The GPU is quite hot, but still far from critical level. The CPU is completely fine and not working too hard. But also wait if someone else here will reply.
Shaki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 942
Message 9 of 11

Will be good if another people check and say what they think..Thank you for helping me..
There is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-GDWaHf4g .. Maybe this is normal in PUBG,but I got same problem in League of legends...(still not have while playing CS:GO.) I'm not good at this things sorry..

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 939
Message 10 of 11

I think something is wrong (probably a software problem). This shouldn't work that bad like in video. 25 FPS is OK, but this stuttering is horrible.

1. Check if you run this game on NVIDIA GPU for sure.
2. Try download the newest NVIDIA driver from Lenovo support website (don't use generic driver from NVIDIA website, it's usually slower).
3. Make sure you don't have any programs running in the background at system startup (Startup tab in Task Manager).

If those won't help this may be a hardware failure.

Here is GTA V on this laptop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwcIw_V4U_U

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors