Did you mean: 
dairatars
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,472
Message 11 of 24

Re: Night light turns on randomly

Hi, this does not help.

The night light setting are messed up:
At the moment my night light is OFF (and no yellow screen too) but if I go into the Display Settings and turn on the night light, it shows (off until 21:00 - thats okay) but if I turn OFF "Schedule night light" it turns off the Scheduled time. If I go back to general Display settings everything is still OFF. But if I want to turn on night light at this exact moment, it again says "off until 21:00". So turning Scheduled time OFF did not work either.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,465
Message 12 of 24

Could you try to change the hours under "schedule". Then test it again. Turn on and off the Night light if it will do the same thing. I think Turning on the night light even with scheduled time is off will still follow what is the scheduled time that is set on the laptop. Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dairatars
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,464
Message 13 of 24

When my screen is not Yellowish, the night light works on scheduled time, and I can change the time. Yeah, if I turn it ON now, it will not make my screen yellow, but on my scheduled time. But if I turn OFF Scheduled time and go back to general settings and then turn night light ON then it shows it will tur on only at 22:00, so turning Scheduled time off does not even turns it OFF.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,460
Message 14 of 24

Please check if you have the latest updates of Windows. You may also check this article: https://pureinfotech.com/fix-night-light-windows-10-creators-update/?linkId=67266828

Especially how to reset manually the night light. 

Matt_lenovo

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dairatars
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,457
Message 15 of 24

Yeah, I installed all updates yesterday, but at that moment it did not help.

I did the steps in your link. For now it seems that problem is fixed, but lets wait a day or two.

But at the same time I find the night light settings still messy. If I go into: (night light at the moment OFF) Settings>Display>Night light settings and turn off the "Scheduled time" and go back to Settings>Display and turn Night light ON, it automatically turns on Schedule time (which was turned OFF)

At the other scenario: Settings>Display>Night light settings I turn off Schedule night light but in the same place I click on "Turn on now" night light turns on without schedule (thats great) but when I go back to Settings>Display Night light toggle still is OFF position.
FelixVita
What's DOS?
Views: 2,416
Message 16 of 24

Dear dairatars,

Another X1 user here. I am having the same problem as you. I was just wondering whether you managed to get it fixed in the end? If so, I would really appreciate a quick reply from you to just point me in the right direction of the answer.

Thanks, mate!

Felix

dairatars
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,380
Message 17 of 24

Sorry for my very late response, dont think I received an email about your message. 

But yeah, got it fixed with help from this https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/ll01_en/message-id/69845 . Since then everthing was OKay till today, after updating windows. The night light was on again randomly, but used the link and step "Resetting Night light settings manually" worked again.

dairatars
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,355
Message 18 of 24

Problem is sort of fixed I guess. The night light still turn on after I awake my laptop from sleep. Ahhhhh. 

IcingTSR
What's DOS?
Views: 2,264
Message 19 of 24

Hi, I had the same problem and I want to share a quick fix that worked for me:

Open Lenovo Vantage > Hardware Settings > Audio/Visual.

In there you'll be presented with a feature called Eye Care Mode.

Then you can either drag the Color Temperature slider all the way to the right, or you can click the Reset button under the Automatic Eye Care Mode switch.

If there's no Lenovo Vantage present, try looking for it in Lenovo Settings. It should have quite a similar interface.

Hope this works.
DerekY700
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,955
Message 20 of 24

I think this might be it. I had the problem that even though my nightlight was off, the color temperature would still be fluctuating on its own. So i figured there must be some other nightlight-esque program running and I think Eye Care Mode is it. Lets hope. and thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors