Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamRD
Paper Tape
Views: 3,563
Message 1 of 3

No boot options for Ideapad 100S?

I have been trying to find out how to boot my Ideapad 100S from usb but apparently this is not possible. I have made an image of my partition but if I need it I have no way of getting it back as I cannot boot outside of windows. What do I do if my os fails completely? I cannot believe that there is no way to boot from usb so if anybody knows how to do this I would appreciate any advice.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,560
Message 2 of 3

Re: No boot options for Ideapad 100S?

Hello and welcome,

Is this an 11IBY?  The 11IBY requires  UEFI 32-bit boot media.  Legacy and 64-bit media won't work.

How did you create your image, and how are you trying to boot it?  Did you use the "create recovery drive" option?  I'd expect that to make bootable media.  (If that option exists - I don't have personal experience with that machine).

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

GrahamRD
Paper Tape
Views: 3,543
Message 3 of 3

Re: No boot options for Ideapad 100S?

Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes it is 11 BY.

I was simply tring to do what I have done with all my other laptops and desktops in the past which is to create an image from within Windows using Macrium reflect backup software which I have done on the Lenovo without any problems. This software lets you create a linux based usb boot disk which you need to use for restoring your image. I now have the image backed up and I have the boot disk but I cannot find out how to boot from usb as the computer boots straight back into windows. I have never had a problem with other PC's, I just change the boot order but I cannot see how to do this on the Lenovo.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors