08-12-2017 09:36 AM
I bought an ideapad 310-15ABR 4 months ago brand new and within less than 2 months it died on me completely. I then received another brand new one for a replacement a week later. Now it has been another 2 months and I am having problems with this one as well! Around 2 times a week it will suddenly reset on its own while I am using it with no warning. No updates are occuring and it is always charged. No idea what is going on but I have lost several things I was doing because of it. Wondering now if I need another replacement or just a refund to buy a better brand. If anyone knows what is causing this I would appreciate the assistance. Needless to say though I am not very impressed with the Lenovo brand after this. My first and almost definitely last Lenovo purchase...
08-14-2017 05:59 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
I have a feeling this will either be a power or hard drive issue.
Try running an LSC scan, and see if this is able to find anything for you at all, should still work in Win 10 if you are running that.
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
08-14-2017 07:45 AM
I agree with other response. Must be another hardware issue. Are you sure you got a brand new one or a refurbished one?
Best of luck
08-17-2017 03:04 AM - edited 08-17-2017 03:04 AM
Well I guess just a unfortunate case of bad luck getting a good one. At least they fall within warranty coverage but obviously that's a hassle to have to deal with that. Best of luck