Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vic_Mackey
Paper Tape
Views: 539
Message 1 of 2

OneKey Recovery Not Working - Need Help w/Complete Windows 10 reinstall (Ideapad 110)

Hello all,

Here is the situation:   Windows 10 is stuck in a perpetual login loop.  The only thing that will fix is a complete Windows 10 Reinstall.

Special Note:  All other IT tricks have been tried by myself and GeekSquad to try and break this "loop".  We cannot even get the laptop to load in safe mode.  Something is seriously corrupted on HD or maybe RAM.

Latest thing I've done to try a clean install:  clicked Novo button. 

What happens next

1.  I get the Novo Button Menu:

- "Normal Startup"

- "BIOS Setup"

- "Boot Menu"

- "System Recovery"

I selected "System Recovery"

2.  "OneKey Recovery" screen comes up. 

3.  I selected "Restore from intial backup"

4.  "Restore from initial backup" screen comes up.  Shows status as "intializing"...backup location "hidden partition"

5.  After about 2 minutes has elapsed the following error message comes up:  "An internal program error has occurred.Failed:  error code 0xE0EF0050". 

Did I do anything wrong in terms of wanting to do a complete Windows 10 reinstall?  I ask because the laptop came with Windows 10 already installed, but no disk. 

**UPDATE:  Just tried doing a clean install using Windows 10 install flash drive.  Thought that would definitely work....it did not.  A "Windows failed to start" message came up (SEE ATTACHED PIC).  Seriously WTH is going on? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 500
Message 2 of 2

Re: OneKey Recovery Not Working - Need Help w/Complete Windows 10 reinstall (Ideapad 110)

Hi Vic_Mackey! Thanks for posting in our community. You may try creating a bootable usb disk using the media creation tool from windows https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 you can use it to reinstall the operating system. To know how to boot to USB, please click https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500207 thanks.Arjay_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors