05-30-2019 08:38 AM - edited 05-30-2019 11:26 AM
Here is the situation: Windows 10 is stuck in a perpetual login loop. The only thing that will fix is a complete Windows 10 Reinstall.
Special Note: All other IT tricks have been tried by myself and GeekSquad to try and break this "loop". We cannot even get the laptop to load in safe mode. Something is seriously corrupted on HD or maybe RAM.
Latest thing I've done to try a clean install: clicked Novo button.
What happens next:
1. I get the Novo Button Menu:
- "Normal Startup"
- "BIOS Setup"
- "Boot Menu"
- "System Recovery"
I selected "System Recovery"
2. "OneKey Recovery" screen comes up.
3. I selected "Restore from intial backup"
4. "Restore from initial backup" screen comes up. Shows status as "intializing"...backup location "hidden partition"
5. After about 2 minutes has elapsed the following error message comes up: "An internal program error has occurred.Failed: error code 0xE0EF0050".
Did I do anything wrong in terms of wanting to do a complete Windows 10 reinstall? I ask because the laptop came with Windows 10 already installed, but no disk.
**UPDATE: Just tried doing a clean install using Windows 10 install flash drive. Thought that would definitely work....it did not. A "Windows failed to start" message came up (SEE ATTACHED PIC). Seriously WTH is going on?
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-31-2019 04:19 AM
Hi Vic_Mackey! Thanks for posting in our community. You may try creating a bootable usb disk using the media creation tool from windows https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 you can use it to reinstall the operating system. To know how to boot to USB, please click https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500207 thanks.Arjay_Lenovo