Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Laurab33
What's DOS?
Views: 687
Message 1 of 2

Option to adjust touchpad so that the button area does not track finger movement?

I just got a Ideapad Flex 4, is there any way to disable certain parts of the touchpad (mainly the bottom) so that you can click without it also tracking finger movement? It's incredibly difficult to work on without that option.

Laetitian
Fanfold Paper
Views: 605
Message 2 of 2

Re: Option to adjust touchpad so that the button area does not track finger movement?

There is no such option.
See my failed attempt at fiddling with the mouse driver in every possible way in my own thread about the subject.

If you find a Synaptics driver that your computer is willing to fully accept with all its options, their drivers do have what you need to limit the sensitive area. It did not work on my Flex 2. You need to be able to know how to get to the mouse driver settings to make any use of such attempts.

What I did was buy a wireless mouse for gaming, but I am also about to install an improved verison of my hardware fix to the issue on my touchpad.

What I recommend is this:

- Cut two strips of regular or double-sided adhesive tape, about half an inch long, and put one of them on the left and one on the right mouse button, at the spot you prefer using for clicking.

- Now use *super glue* to attach any completely rigid [thin cardboard is not thick enough and will still let your motion be detected when you move your finger on it while clicking] thin material on it. I only have access to thick cardboard, but thin metal plates would work very well and look nicer [not just metal foil, though. Again, too thin.]

This replacement of an unsensitive mouse-button can be removed without any remainder whenever it would start to look bad, but the adhesive strip still holds on to the touchpad buttons without ever going loose. At least that is what it has been like for me.

I hope the suggestion helps. =)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors