Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MisKarizma
Paper Tape
Views: 653
Message 1 of 2

PLEASE HELP!!! Ideapad Flex 4-1470 Product "Key"

I have been trying to register my new Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4-1470 on the Lenovo website for nearly a wekk now.  I am stuck at the part where it asks for you to enter the Product KEY.  Now, I was under the notion that product KEYS were mainly only used for softwares.  I first thought maybe it meant the product number.  I have searched in evry forum, blog, post, search site, Lenovo app, paperwork, you name it, and can not find either of these for this laptop.  I then used the support chat on Lenovo's website and asked a CSR who proceeded to tell me that it is in fact a product "KEY' I need and that it is given to the buyer at time of purchase.  He also told me that when purchasing from the Lenovo website that it is emailed to you.  Unfortuantly, I did not purchase it from there, but at Best Buy instead.  But the CSR in  the Support Chat assured me that this "Product KEY" is required to register the laptop and it is given at time of purchase.  Can anyone help me here - is it printed on the receipt?  Maybe on the one (1) measly little folded paper that came with the laptop in the box (which I have checked about 30 times and there is nothing very useful at all on this scrawny paper) ?  And, is it me, or has Lenovo's product support gone straight down the crapper?  Seriously, no TANGIBLE product information included in the box???  And the Lenovo Apps are a joke, and bad ones at that (crickets chirpping in the background).  If I had known that support for their products was this infurriating I woudl have chosen a completely different product to purchase; anything besides a LENOVO!  To think, I used to brag about their products.....  ERR!  (sorry for ranting) But can anyone give any insight / information to help with my never-resolved issue?  It would be greatly appreciated!  (Thanks in advance!)

slayerx-xx
Punch Card
Views: 625
Message 2 of 2

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Ideapad Flex 4-1470 Product "Key"

Hi,

If you can boot to windows you can get the product key for your laptop.

if cannot boot to windows then there is another way to pull out product key of your laptop.

update me with screen shot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors