Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlexAngel
What's DOS?
Views: 225
Message 1 of 3

Powerdvd 10 download error on Flex notebook running Windows 10

I'm trying to download Powerdvd on my Flex notebook and I get the following error: "This software can only be installed on a Lenovo System." I'm running Windows 10 on my Lenovo notebook so I don't understand the error. Can anyone please advise? I tried going to the Lenovo "Contact Us" page and its's not working properly: it shows up as a blank screen. Thanks!

Stephanie

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 204
Message 2 of 3

Re: Powerdvd 10 download error on Flex notebook running Windows 10

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Please try calling Lenovo Support direct.....

Lenovo Support - USA

1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 195
Message 3 of 3

Re: Powerdvd 10 download error on Flex notebook running Windows 10

Hi,

IIRC the PowerDVD 10 download on the Lenovo site is an upgrade and won't install unless the factory-shipped version is already present.

Is this a clean install of Windows 10? Do you still have the original D: partition? There may have been an installer for the base version of PowerDVD somewhere in the original Lenovo image.  Perhaps on D: somewhere.  Can you try running that before installing the downloaded upgrade?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors