Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ghosh1
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 1 of 4

Query about antivirus pre-installation

Recently I ordered a Lenovo IdeaPad 330 81de01jwin and it isn't delivered yet. While purchasing I went through its specifications and there was no mention of any antivirus pre-installation. I want to know whether this laptop comes with any pre-installed antivirus or not?

SeniorGuru
Views: 464
Message 2 of 4

Re: Query about antivirus pre-installation

IMO it is always better to purchase a good third party anti-malware suite (if using Windows) from a top shelf vendor such as AVAST, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky and such.

Any preloaded "trial" version of McAfee, Norton or BitDefender should be replaced as soon as possible with a better solution.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Ghosh1
Paper Tape
Views: 460
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much
SeniorGuru
Views: 451
Message 4 of 4

You are most welcome! Make sure to research which vendor of Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware you are thinking about.... I go with the best "in the wild" detection rates then look at "ease of use" features.

Personally I have used AVAST for several years now (both Free and paid for version) with great results. I also run MalwareBytes (free version) as kind of a "flu shot" about once a month just to be safe.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors