cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimakos98
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 1 of 4

Random Bios Beeps in Windows - Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 15IKB (80XL)

Hello everyone,

So back in August I bought a brand new  Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 15IKB but for the last 1-2 months I've been hearing beeps during the day coming from the motherboard. They seem to be random (sometimes occur 2-3 times per day and other days don't occur at all) and it's driving me crazy. The beeps are usually a single short beep or 2 short beeps (all these while in Windows, -pc posts normally-). I've run multiple hardware tests from Lenovo Solution Center and Lenovo Vantage software but no hardware errors appear. I've also run windows memory diagnostics tool again with no errors appearing. Any idea what causes these beeps?

Thanks in advance

*UPDATE: After talking to lenovo technical support, it seems that my laptop(and ideapad brand in general) are meant for "home" use and do not fully support Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise versions meaning it only supports Windows 10 Home. In my case, I was using Windows 10 Education, therefore the beeps were caused by this.

shubham90
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 2 of 4

Re: Random Bios Beeps in Windows - Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 15IKB (80XL)

so is this a serious problem? 

This laptop is running on window 10 pro. should i back to the window 10 home?

vccy118
Paper Tape
Views: 36
Message 3 of 4

I find the Windows OS version as the cause not plausible. Mine does random BIOS beeps while windows is running as well, but my Windows version is the one that came with the laptop. I am using Lenovo 330-15ARR Ryzen version, as shown below.

I had run the Lenovo diagnostic tool - Lenovo Solution Centre and there are no errors what so ever. Sent to the shop for hardware diagnostics and also nothing as they are unable to reproduce the BIOS beeps in windows. It just happens so randomly every 2 or 3 days, sometimes 1 beep sometimes 2 beeps and rarely 3 beeps.

Lenovo has to come up with a fix for this and FAST!

image.png

image.png

jimakos98
Paper Tape
Views: 29
Message 4 of 4

I too, still am not 100% convinced that changing the OS version can solve this issue. But for some reason, ever since I put Windows Home the random beeps went from like one-twice per day or a couple of days to once-twice per month. I stopped trying to solve this issue so I never really understood what is wrong. Maybe some kind of BIOS bug since everything works fine and no hardware failures have appeared so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors