Did you mean: 
KrizX
Paper Tape
Views: 1,505
Message 1 of 2

Restoring Ideapad 320 to Windows 10

Hey

I did something stupid, basically:

I installed Windows 7 on my Ideapad 320 (Win 10 in original) without even making a backup image of it, now it has no drivers whatsoever. The touchpad is not working, using keyboard only.

I can't boot from USB since the ports are not working nor can I transfer files via LAN cable due to lack of drivers.   

I'd like to know whether there is any possibility to restore it to Windows 10. I've been searching google for help for hours now. 

Thank you in advance.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,478
Message 2 of 2

Re: Restoring Ideapad 320 to Windows 10

@KrizXwrote:

I can't boot from USB since the ports are not working.

(1) Create a Windows 10 installation memory stick using Windows 10 downloaded from Microsoft.  Microsoft provide a special tool for doing this.  Refer to the Microsoft help pages for details.  Alternatively, "Rufus" can be used to create the installation image on the memory stick.

(2) With your laptop powered off, plug in the memory stick and then press the "Novo" button.  Consult your "Hardware Maintenance Manual" if you don't know where the "Novo" button is located.

(3) On the "Novo Button Menu", select "Boot Menu".

(4) On the "Boot Menu", the USB memory stick should be listed.  Select it to start booting.  If it is not listed, you need to adjust the BIOS settings to enable the USB memory stick to be recognised.  If it is listed twice, select the one with "EFI" in the name to perform a UEFI install, or the one without "EFI" in the name to perform an MBR install.

(5) When installation is complete, you will find that there are no Lenovo drivers installed, and no Lenovo applications.  Some users of the 320 have problems with the disk constantly working at 100%.  This probably occurs only with certain Windows updates, and does not seem to occur at all using the Microsoft version of Windows instead of the Lenovo version.  So you might prefer not to install ANY Lenovo software.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors