Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irfanh94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,199
Message 1 of 3

[SOLVED] Ideapad 100 15IBY win 7 install problem BSoD

Hi folks.

My friend gave me his ideapad 100 which has Linux Ubunut OS on it and he asked me to install Win 7.

I have tried to install the OS, but after booting and loading system data, Windows's Blue Screen of Death appears with a message "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.".

So, after 4 hours of trying what i have found on internet, nothing's been successfull.

I have tried to update BIOS, and I found the last BIOS for ideapad 100 (http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/100-SERIES/100-15IBY/downloads/DS102...), but it comes in .exe file which I cant run in Linux.

I tried to run it even with Wine but it was unsuccessful.

Then, I tried to search for BIOS update in .iso file to make it bootable with usb, but I didn't find it.

Please, help me with this, I dont know what to do anymore.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,118
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 100 15IBY win 7 install problem BSoD

@irfanh94 wrote:

I have tried to update BIOS, and I found the last BIOS for ideapad 100 (http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/100-SERIES/100-15IBY/downloads/DS102...), but it comes in .exe file which I cant run in Linux.

As far as I am aware, the BIOS can be updated only from Windows 10 running in UEFI mode on a disk with a GPT partition table.  (It might work from Windows 8 or Windows 7, but I have never tried that.)  However...

Even if you update the BIOS, that may not solve your problem with ACPI support for Windows 7.  There have been other comments about this on this web site, but I don't recollect seeing any successful resolution to this problem.

@irfanh94 wrote:

I dont know what to do anymore.

Install Windows 10, and have your every action monitored by Microsoft.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

irfanh94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,115
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 100 15IBY win 7 install problem BSoD

Thank you for the answer.

I am going to try that option. I hope its gonna work :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors