Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovoagain
Paper Tape
Views: 5,833
Message 1 of 12

SYNAPTICS WBDI error code 10

Hello. I have Lenovo ideapad520-15IKB 80YL with WIN 10. Some time ago my fingerprint reader has stoped working. I reinstalled the driver and that solved my problem for couple of days. Now I have the same problem but driver reinstalling does not solve the problem anymore. All my drivers are up to date. I cant find solution for my notebook problem in the forum. My notebook is under warranty and I would appreciate help from Lenovo.

jeb19
Paper Tape
Views: 5,655
Message 2 of 12

Re: SYNAPTICS WBDI error code 10

I have this problem with the ideapad 720s 13-ARR and I'm going to consult someone but nothing has worked thus far for me.

ZHIYANN
Paper Tape
Views: 5,490
Message 3 of 12

Hi all,

This topic has been ongoing, Iwas wondering if there is a fixed/someone found a fix for Synaptic WBDI - This device cannot start. (Code 10). 

My fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working on me. My logon option for finger print disappeared as well.

What i have tried 

1. Updated the Synaptic WBDI to the latest verison

2. Updated Windows Update to the latest verison

3. Updated BIOS to the latest version

4. Enabled SGX in BIOS

Could someone who faced the issue before advise me what I should do next?

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Mod's Edit: merged this post was existing discussion

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,451
Message 4 of 12

Re: IDEALPAD 520S - 14IKB (80X2) - SYNAPTIC WBDI ERROR CODE 10

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Community Forums. We might need to rollback the driver to its initial Fingerprint Driver. First we need to check if the initial Fingerprint driver is still in you Lenovo Drivers folder. You can check this by going to D:Lenovo > Drivers > Look for folder labelled as Fingerprint.
If you do, we can uninstall the existing drivers.
1. Go to Control Panel Device Manager.
2. Expand Biometric Devices.
3. Right-click on SYNAPTICS WBDI then uninstall.
4. Check Delete the Driver Software for this Device  then click Ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

Once it is up, go to the Fingerprint driver folder again then install the original driver. Restart the laptop then redo the Fingerprint setup. Let us know how it turns out. Reggie_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

lenovoagain
Paper Tape
Views: 5,351
Message 5 of 12

HI, Reggie_Lenovo.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your advice. I have uninstalled SYNAPTICS WBDI device and its driver. After the restart Windows automatically installed the device without any questions. So its on with the same error code... I have tried to use the initial drive. If I use the Upgrade driver option, Windows does not let to downgrade it by stating that I have better driver. If I activate the initial driver from its directory, it does the job but nothing changes...

Funny that sometimes the Fingerprint suddenly works for a day or two and then it is out of order most of the time. So what do we do next? Any help from Lenovo?

jeb19
Paper Tape
Views: 5,338
Message 6 of 12

I had this same problem a month or two ago and I talked to somebody on a live chat. Unfortunately, I had to send back my computer for almost 3 weeks but it fixed the problem. Then this problem came up again a week ago, but I was able to fix it by downloading the new driver. You may have to send your computer back but it should be fixed. Good luck!

AlJazzar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,992
Message 7 of 12

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for several days and I can't find it
I just followed your steps and it worked efficiently
and Update my BIOS to latest version
i've registered on the site to thank you specifically
AlJazzar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,932
Message 8 of 12

error code 10 is back Smiley Sad
jean48
What's DOS?
Views: 2,305
Message 9 of 12

I have same problem on my YOGA 920 (win 10 pro) since some months, i tried everything, when it wakeup for long sleep the fingerprint reader is on error and can't be used...

It seems to be a common problem on Lenovo machine and without a final solution !

FSSPL
What's DOS?
Views: 686
Message 10 of 12

Hi 
I have the same problem on my IdeaPad Flex4 too.

Tried 20+ times, all options available on internet without success.

Strange that Lenovo is turning a deaf ear to the problem of so many people.

Please help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors