Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJW265
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 1 of 1

Screen cracking on Ideapad Flex 4-1580 and potential underlying issues

So I've had my ideapad for a bit longer than a year (less than a month since my year-long warranty expired, to be a little more exact), and just a couple days ago I noticed some cracking at the top of the screen, next to the camera. It has since progressed and now spans the screen. The touch screen still worked in places but now that the crack has reached the ede of the screen it's randomly clicking icons on the left side of the screen so I've turned the touch screen off. 

I figured out the cause of the issue, since I haven't dropped it, because the crack originates from the location where I open the computer up from. That's right, over time opening of the laptop has actually cracked the screen. I'm very distraught at the crack crossing the laptop screen, but moreso I want Lenovo engineers to know that maybe the joints connecting the screen and the base are a little too tight. It's difficult to balance something that can be easily adjusted with something that will retain its structure when set at a certain angle, but maybe you should have a switch that allows the joints to change from a locked to an unlocked position.

So in retrospect I'm wondering how else was I supposed to open the laptop, as apparently putting my hand at the top and flipping the screen up was not what the laptop was made for. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors