cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanket39
Punch Card
Views: 543
Message 1 of 2

Should I install Intel RST drivers on ideapad 330s?

I checked my drivers and only the AHCI driver was installed under BIOS/UEFI. So, my laptop must be configured under AHCI mode. Now, lenovo has Intel RST drivers for my model (Ideapad 330s-14IKB) on its website. Should I install this driver even if I laptop isn't configured in Intel RST? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 518
Message 2 of 2

Re: Should I install Intel RST drivers on ideapad 330s?

Hi sanket39,

Welcome to the community forums. 

Based on this article:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/What-is-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology/ta-p/762...

"It is recommended that users install the latest version even if you don't use RAID as it contains the drivers for the SATA Controller which is responsible for HDD/SSD operation. Installing the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers ensure you have the best performance and transfer rates out of your HDD or SSD."

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors