Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shunga
What's DOS?
Views: 568
Message 1 of 6

Slowest laptop ever

we purchased a lenovo celeron ideapad recently and to be frank its so slow we havent used it.  I cant believe, even though this is not a top spec machine that it can be so slow straight out of the box.  It is only meant to be an admin laptop so all that is installed is open office and the canon printer drivers.  Is there anyway we can get this machine usable or is it just money down the drain?

KnightHawkeye
Punch Card
Views: 543
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slowest laptop ever

Which model? My 110s had a similar problem when I got it but that was solved by purging the startup program list. In the past week I added a 120 GB solid-state drive ($50) and also updated the wifi driver. Now, the little 110s is nearly as responsive as the big machines I use.

The less expensive machines all come with bloatware pre-installed which must be un-installed to obtain good performance. All are capable of good, even sometimes great, performance when you remove and stop all the unwanted programs from auto-starting. Good luck.

drMetro
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 528
Message 3 of 6

anything with a Celeron (lowest grade of Intel processor) are going to be slow... remove unused programs and realize multitasking will be laborious. If you have a good size usb drive32 Gb would be nice; you can use that as ready boost virtual memory. But there goes one of your ports. But, if it works great.

Also make sure you defrag and check disk for errors.. clean out junk via C: properties

It's me
shunga
What's DOS?
Views: 526
Message 4 of 6

thanks for that. i will try it out.

God bless

albouy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 457
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I have the same problem with my Lenovo 110 17 inch screen and 4 GB. Slow,slow...any help appreciated. thank you

albouy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 403
Message 6 of 6

Albouy here. Can anybody help me with my slow Lenovo 110 17 with8 ram

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors