cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaphaelP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 312
Message 1 of 7

Still waiting for fixes to the Intel ME security vulnerability for my Lenovo laptops

I own 2 Lenovo laptops. An ideapad y700 (still under warranty) and a flex 3 (just out of warranty). Both are in need of bios patches to address the Intel ME vulnerability, and yet nothing posted with respect to these models. Any Lenovo computer over a year old has been ignored so far. This is unacceptable Lenovo, would you please do what is right and provide us some answers?

RaphaelP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 276
Message 2 of 7

Re: Still waiting for fixes to the Intel ME security vulnerability for my Lenovo laptops

Am I the only owner of these laptops that is concerned with this?

MaxY7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 258
Message 3 of 7

Re: Still waiting for fixes to the Intel ME security vulnerability for my Lenovo laptops

Same here. CHecking the Y700 download page almost daily. I hope Lenovo doesn't think this is not necessary just because this is not considered a "business line" laptop.

RaphaelP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 228
Message 4 of 7

If yours is still under warranty, issue a trouble ticket and have it escalated. They will offer you to ship your laptop to perform the update. I found this out. I needed the laptop, so I decided to keep it after the support rep said they had a fix, just no ETA on whether they would "release" it... Very Bizarre.

MaxY7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 5 of 7

My warranty expired in August. Having the fix and not releasing a bios update would be very stupid.
RaphaelP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 201
Message 6 of 7

Well that is currently what is happening, apparently.

RaphaelP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 191
Message 7 of 7

I just checked the advisory this morning and the Y700-15sk and Flex3-1580 are now listed, with status as TBD... I guess this means you should stay tuned.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors