07-30-2017 06:29 AM
I have an ideapad 100s (Win 10).
There is very little on the small 32gb harddrive but I continuously get low storage messages.
I have less than 200mb available and am struggling to do anything, (downloads, recycle bin, temp files etc have all been cleared).
When I look at Storage, it shows 28.5gb out od 29.1gb used.
19.5gb is 'system & reserved'
6.2gb is 'aps & games'
Looking in apps & games, the total shown adds to to about 1.5gb - why does the overall show 6.2gb.
What makes up the missing 4.5gb?
Anyone have a solution to freeing up a bit of space - this is ridiculous and makes the ideapad barely usable.
08-01-2017 03:05 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Sounds like something may have been installed itself on the unit, I believe the only way to get rid of unnecessary files would be with a factory reset.
Please follow the instructions below in order to perform a factory reset.
Note: Some setting may vary depending on the age of the tablet. Please backup any data you may need.
1. Go to Settings > Backup & reset
2. Touch Factory data reset
3. Touch Reset tablet
4. If your tablet is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN or Password
5. Touch Erase everything to confirm
Alternatively, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the power button and the plus volume.
2. You will need to continue holding this until you feel a vibration.
3. Once this happens release the power button but carry on holding the plus volume key.
4. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
5. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
08-24-2017 05:34 AM