Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel1134
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 1 of 4

Stuck in automatic reparing. Blue screen says 0xc000021a

Unable to reset computer ""there was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made"" Error. 

tried sfc /scannow, and chkdsk /r/f/x C: , nothing appeared to be wrong. Asked Microsoft support and this is what they told me. None worked.

Annotation 2019-09-05 140226.png

No idea what to do next, any advice would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Bill115
802.11n
Views: 73
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stuck in automatic reparing. Blue screen says 0xc000021a

What is the model number and age?   eg.  330-15ikb

I'm afraid when Windows is stuck trying to automatically repair itself, in my experience, it is usually a sign of severe windows file corruption and possibly hard drive failure.

If there is personal data you wish to recover, you may wish to consider removing the hard drive for safe keeping. Then fit a new hard drive or super fast SSD and install a new copy of Windows.   Otherwise, you could try and use the Novo button to restore hard drive to factory shipping state if the hard drive is not defective - this will erase all personal data.

You can use a USB3 to SATA adapter cable to try and access the contents of the old hard drive from a working computer.

(I don't work for Lenovo)

Daniel1134
Paper Tape
Views: 67
Message 3 of 4

model is 310-15ikb, about 2 years old I believe. 

Unfortunate, hat is what I was afraid of... I tried to use the Novo to factory reset but it just brings me back to the blue screen issue, then resets and gets stuck back in the automatic repairing screen, rinse and repeat. 

Bill115
802.11n
Views: 62
Message 4 of 4

fwiw, easy to swap out the hard drive for a new inexpensive SSD

https://youtu.be/8xnDMOHXaBo

But you need access to another Windows computer to use the 'Download tool' to create a Windows 10  64 bit installation USB flash drive

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors