Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HomerRC
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 1 of 2

Sudden Blank Screen. No Lenovo logo appears when turn ons

Hello,

I have a 3 year old Ideapd 305-141BD laptop, one morning  I was still using it in my work, I just go for a quick break, when i was about to continue my work, my screen didn't back to normal even though I already press my wireless mouse and other keys. I removed the battery to force the laptop to turn off, and turn on again. No Lenovo screen appears, first I thought it was a memory problem, still the same even I already replace a working compatible memory (DDR3).  I also tried to connect to external monitor, same thing no signal appears in the monitor.

thank you in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 29
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sudden Blank Screen. No Lenovo logo appears when turn ons

Hi HomerRC!

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Based on what you have explained, this could be a display problem or a motherboard problem. To isolate the issue, please try connecting an external monitor on the laptop and check if you will see a display from the external monitor. If the laptop works with an external monitor, the problem is with the LCD display and it could be a loose LCD cable or the whole LCD screen display. If the issue is still the same after connecting an external monitor, the problem is with the motherboard. 

Either way, you can bring the laptop to a service provider https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (filter by country) and inquire for a complete diagnosis/repair service as this is the best solution that we can recommend for the laptop. We hope everything will turn out smoothly. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors