Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
headwik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 13,767
Message 1 of 5

Touchpad delay after typing Windows 10 on Flex-2

After updating to Windows 10 I started experiencing touchpad delay for about a second after I press any keyboard key. When I downgraded my drivers it started working prefectly with no delay, but I was unable to use 3 finger gestures introduced with Windows 10 and also there were no 3 finger swipe to go backwards that I was using in Windows 8.1.

I thought that maybe this is caused by palm tracking feature, but when I set it to minimum the problem was still there. Also I tried installing and uninstalling drivers and touchpad from device manager. Also changed "delay after type" in Windows setting to never. None of the above helped. I'm sure that my touchpad detects all the touches and it's not a hardware issue, cause when I open notification tray and make a tap with three fingers I see three dots appear on elan settings icon.

P.S. The strangest thing is that when I start typing in search box then make a pause and start typing again it works without any delay and I can type and use my touchpad at the same time. Cortana is the only program where I could make it work so far.

robbypayne
What's DOS?
Views: 13,515
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touchpad delay after typing Windows 10 on Flex-2

I'm seeing this exact issue after updating to Win 10 and then updating to the latest drivers for the ELAN touchpad.

I've reduced palm rejection, selected "No Delay" in the main mouse settings and I'm still getting this issue.  It is really, really frustrating!!!

headwik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 13,486
Message 3 of 5

nunuyawkwong
Paper Tape
Views: 13,378
Message 4 of 5

Im using Y570, can anyone help me to solve the same issue here? the provided solution doesnt contribute to me

iamjaime
What's DOS?
Views: 11,140
Message 5 of 5

I have a Synaptics touchpad driver on my laptop HP. I tried changing the settings in the touchpad settings and it did not help. I also tried to update and delete/ reinstall the synaptics driver. I eventually bumped into a cure myself so I hope it helps some people who also have a synaptics touchpad/ driver and not the IPoint driver. I went to control panel and clicked on "mouse " then a pop up called "mouse properties showed up, from there I clicked on "touchpad settings" then clicked the "advanced" tab and moved the sensitivity of the "Palm interference" which was preset very high. Note that if you turn it to zero you will have a horrible interference, so set it where it works for you. But immediatedly after hitting apply the problem went away. I hope this helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors