Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dma555
What's DOS?
Views: 104
Message 1 of 3

Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

My touchpad has recently stopped working - I'm not sure what triggered it, but I think it correlated with an attempt to update my drivers via third party software (driver booster). I'm not entirely sure about that, however. 

I've tried reverting my drivers, and, after that didn't work, even completely formatting and reinstalling Windows. I therefore doubt that it's a driver issue.

There is no touchpad tab in my mouse settings, nor is there another device amongst my "mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager, other than the mouse.

There are no touchpad drivers available on the lenovo website.

BIOS is up to date.

Many thanks in advance for any kind of help!

TotalInferno
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 2 of 3

Re: Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

Were you ever able to solve this?  I have the same issue.  No touchpad listed in device manager but there are two Lenovo keyboard devices, one with a yellow exclamation mark

Dma555
What's DOS?
Views: 35
Message 3 of 3

Re: Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

Yes, i did fix it, glad you asked!

Brought it to a Lenovo Service Center and, while they didn't seem to have any idea what exactly was wrong, they apparently fixed it by sheer luck.

One of two things were the culprit:

1. Try rebooting your device without a USB dongle plugged in, nor any bluetooth devices connected.

2. Try unplugging the connective cable to your touchpad (inside the device) and plugging it back in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors