English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-28-2019

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 3

Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

2019-01-28, 5:37 AM

My touchpad has recently stopped working - I'm not sure what triggered it, but I think it correlated with an attempt to update my drivers via third party software (driver booster). I'm not entirely sure about that, however. 

I've tried reverting my drivers, and, after that didn't work, even completely formatting and reinstalling Windows. I therefore doubt that it's a driver issue.

There is no touchpad tab in my mouse settings, nor is there another device amongst my "mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager, other than the mouse.

There are no touchpad drivers available on the lenovo website.

BIOS is up to date.

Many thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Options

3 Posts

12-15-2017

CA

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

2019-02-18, 15:36 PM

Were you ever able to solve this?  I have the same issue.  No touchpad listed in device manager but there are two Lenovo keyboard devices, one with a yellow exclamation mark

Options

3 Posts

01-28-2019

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Touchpad stopped working 720s-15IKB

2019-02-19, 3:52 AM

Yes, i did fix it, glad you asked!

Brought it to a Lenovo Service Center and, while they didn't seem to have any idea what exactly was wrong, they apparently fixed it by sheer luck.

One of two things were the culprit:

1. Try rebooting your device without a USB dongle plugged in, nor any bluetooth devices connected.

2. Try unplugging the connective cable to your touchpad (inside the device) and plugging it back in.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete