06-15-2019 07:55 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I would like to hotspot to my Lenovo Ideapad 330S15ARR. Every time I try to connect to the Mobile hotspot, I receive an error message "Can't connect to this network". I have been able to hotspot using later Samsung Galaxy models belonging to other people (e.g. S7 and S10). I am wondering if this is a compatability issue between the S5 and ideapad. Has anyone else experienced this or been able to solve the issue?
06-23-2019 11:06 AM
Hi AmyCB! Welcome to our forums community. Try the steps below.
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".
3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".
4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.
5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".
7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".
8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.
Update us how it goes.
06-29-2019 06:08 PM
I tried your suggested steps, but unfortunately I am still receiving the same error message "can't connect to this network".
Any other suggestions?