Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lmiller2017
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 1 of 2

Trouble recording sound

I am having an issue with both a USB connected and the internal mic on my ideapad310. When I use the internal mic, go to my recording box and click on levels. I can un mute and adjust the level to 100, click on ok and close the window. The microphone works fine for 30 seconds and then defaults to mute. The same thing happens with my external mic. I will make it the default device, set level to 100 and un mute. 30 seconds later it mutes itself again.

I have run the troubleshooter and all it says is it found the mic muted. Even using Smart Audio, which came with my laptop results in the same outcome. Mic works great for 30 seconds........I've been working on this for three days now and have exhausted all my options shrt of taking it ti the geek squad. Any help would be much appreciated....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 136
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trouble recording sound

Hello and welcome,

I just did a little searching on this topic, and was surprised to find that most threads end with "it was malware".

Have you tried running a virus/malware scan?  Malwarebytes might be a good place to start.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors