Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppeterp
Paper Tape
Views: 198
Message 1 of 3

Two SSD on Ideapad 520?

Hello,

I recently purchased an Ideapad 520S-14IKB (SN:******). As I figured out it has an M2 slot, I installed a 512Gb SSD (Micron 1100).

However, the system does not recognize it. I tried to turn off fast boot as it was suggested online but I still do not see the drive.

On this site, in a different thread, I saw that the port might be electronically inactive.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-520S-141IKB-M-2-Slot-2nd-SSD/td...

How can I figure out if the port is active or not? 

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  Corresponding MT-M is 81BL005RMH.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 177
Message 2 of 3

Re: Two SSD on Ideapad 520?

As spidey101 points out in the thread you referenced - if the m.2 slot is present and active it is PCIe.  Your SSD is SATA.

It is not compatible with the m.2 PCIe slot.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ppeterp
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 3 of 3

Re: Two SSD on Ideapad 520?

Hi Zoltán,

thanks for the reply. I just figured it out in the meantime.

Thanks!

Peter

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors