Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pissboll
Paper Tape
Views: 3,394
Message 1 of 6

Two finger Tap ALPS touchpad Flex 2 15

Bought a Flex 2 15 pc a few days ago and i have been trying alot to activate Two-finger tap to right/middle mouse click.. I have ALPS touchpad and currently use driver v.8.201.1611.222 (i have tried previous drivers to). Shouldn't there be anyway to emulate middle mouse click with the touchpad?

j_sharif_r
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,333
Message 2 of 6

Re: Two finger Tap ALPS touchpad Flex 2 15

i think there is a problem with Alps driver and there is a bug in it . because the option of 2 finger tap right click can be active and disactive in touchpad menu but it doesn't make any change in Os. i wish somebody could answer the question.

bodnarkf
Paper Tape
Views: 2,780
Message 3 of 6

The issue is still unsolved.

As of February, 2016, Windows says I have up to date drivers and still the two-finger tap doesn't work.

What's up with this?
McAllan
Token Ring
Views: 2,765
Message 4 of 6

I had the exact same issue on a Yoga 500 - also ALPS.

I didn't find any solution either but I managed to solve it myself and I shared what I've found out. Should surprise my if fix isn't the same.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Two-finger-tap-right-click-ALPS-Yoga-500-H...

Enjoy a touchpad with two finger tap to right click! The way it should be right from start. Funny most other manufacturers seems to get it right.. Wonder... Or is it just pure ignorance from Lenovo? It's one of those very small seemingly insignificant things that have a huge impact on user experience..(!)

pissboll
Paper Tape
Views: 2,722
Message 5 of 6

Thank you! I installed driver v8.201.1611.252, changed the register settings as you did and now i can enable two-finger-tap in the control panel.

Highlighted
McAllan
Token Ring
Views: 2,714
Message 6 of 6

Glad I could help Smiley Happy

Now one just wonder when the driver either will support it out of the box. Who disables it (it's clearly there(!))?... Many other manufacturer goes the route to equip their laptops with Microsoft Precision Touchpad certified touchpads. On my Yoga 900 the touchpad should by all objective measures support it but something required to enable precision mode (windows handles interpretation of touches). What exactly what at what level prevents it or lacks telling Windows it's a precision touchpad I unfortunately haven't found out also whether the ALPS teoretically lives up to Precision Touchpad requirements I don't know either.

Letting windows handle "decoding" of touches you'll have all those things you expect at default (although I lack some customization compared to my Logitech T650 so history back/forth can be configured). Also it just works better - precision and responsiveness. The glass surface of my Yoga 900 may be superior to a low end other brand laptop I have - but that laptop has a Precision Touchpad so controlling and responsiveness (even though it got a way lower processor) is much better than the Yoga 900. A bit sad a machine costing more than 4x more than the cheapo has a worse touchpad. Properly configured ALPS (especially sensivity and scroll speed) I think it's almost on par with the Synaptics in the 900.

Anyway. Happy you got your problem solved Smiley Happy

-cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors