Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carljtc
Paper Tape
Views: 95
Message 1 of 2

USB 3.0 disconnecting USB HDDs

Hello, i own a Ideapad 310 15ISK for more than a year. I started to use its USB 3.0 port at the beggining of 2019 and so far i had problems with USB 3.0 HDDs cases. It keeps disconnecting randonly, I use USB 3.0, mostly to play games, and while in game the game cant read files and sound went muted or crashes when that happens i can hear a unplug device sound coming from my speakers. I went to see if i could find the cause of this so i went to Windows Event viewer and is a lot of event ID 51 and 50 related to disk. I'm sure its USB 3.0 fault. I have no problems with 2.0 USBs. I tried disabling power related settings both in device manager and power options but it didnt help...

Is there any driver update of fix for this?

I'm running Windows 10 SSD.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 57
Message 2 of 2

Re: USB 3.0 disconnecting USB HDDs

Hi Carljtc! Welcome to our forums community. Have you tried connecting other external devices via the USB port to check if the issue persist? Could you also send a screenshot of the event viewer for us to check? You can try running the update through the Lenovo Vantage app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab. Install all available updates then retsrat the computer. Check if the issue persist. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors